Thread: looking for a club in the leicester area

mick robinson Guest

looking for a club in the leicester area

hi im looking for a club in the leicester area where i can talk n shoot with like minded people(the wife just aint interested!!!!!)so if theirs anybody out there who would welcome a new member could you let me know

cheers mick

mick robinson Guest
    yeh kibworth is a bit of a treck to get to for me but groby is the next village but iv never heard of a rifle club there

mick

Yep Groby has club near by, it in the same place as the 22 rim fire club, the name escapes me at the moment, nice place to shoot and good Zero range, they were in the process of doing some work to make it better for the air gun lot, but not sure if that ever happened -

Mark
    AA Ev Mk3
    Whiscombe FB60 (Silver) Nikko 10-50x60

AirArmsDavid Guest
    Chatting to a guy at Kibworth last Sunday who comes 50 miles as it's so good!
    I've only been going there three weeks and joined on Sunday.
    Very friendly bunch, good facilities, helpful gunshop.
    See what else you can find but if no luck you're welcome to come along!!

mick robinson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AirArmsNewbie
    Chatting to a guy at Kibworth last Sunday who comes 50 miles as it's so good!
    I've only been going there three weeks and joined on Sunday.
    Very friendly bunch, good facilities, helpful gunshop.
    See what else you can find but if no luck you're welcome to come along!!

yeh iv shot at kib range a few times and its a nice place its a good treck but ok il give it a go any idea what day,time,cost ect

mick

Dowry Hill is the 22 rimfire / airgun club i was thinking about which is in Groby on the A50 it did have:
    • 20,25,50 and 100 yard outdoor ranges
    • 10m indoor Air Pistol/Rifle range
    • FT course in the Woods to the side

Someone from the Club should be around on here to give you some better help on this, contact name anyone

Mark
    AA Ev Mk3
    Whiscombe FB60 (Silver) Nikko 10-50x60

You could try Swadlincote Rifle and Pistol Club, Park Road, Newall nr Swadlincote. It's about 18 miles from you.

I am there every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. onwards and this Sunday we have a Practical Shotgun session which is great fun.

Open invitation to you....

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Have a look at Buddon Wood club. They shoot at Barrow On Soar and are a very friendly and relaxed club with a large outdoor range. I used to shoot there before I moved down south.

Jon

Guppsta Guest
    ive sent you pm with a contact number for buddon wood, id never heard of a club in groby, i'll have to try that one

AirArmsDavid Guest
    Kibworth on 0116 279 6001
    Open 7 days.
    Give them a call for info!

Hi, any chance of letting me have the Buddon Wood club info, I live in the next village but haven’t seen anything about it! could do with some time on the range with me s10 & s410, and have chat about all things Air gun related!

(the club in Groby is right next to the Groby Pool car park, but is not easy to find, with no sign on the entrance)

Guppsta Guest
    i'll have to have a look for the one in groby, i know where the car park is so i'll just have a walk round. ive sent you pm popoff with contact info for buddon wood.

Mick,
    have pm'd you about Groby club. Im a member there and its a friendly place, tey are improving the facilitys at the mo, and are in the process of building another indoor range. currently there is 10m indoor and 20 yds, 50yds and 100 yds outdoor, and a FT course set up in the woods.

Dave
    Solutions by Sanderson
    Solving and Saving stuff for the sake of it