Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like?

What would you like?

Ok, just wondering what people would like to see produced?

As a not-entirely-serious-shooter, I'd love Umarex to produce all their pistols with blowback (like the desert eagle) especially the CP88- I love it, apart from that trigger in DA!!

Bowyer is offline They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mainwaring
    A single stroke recoiless pneumatic air rifle with a consistant 11+ft/lb output that's highly reliable, highly accurate, rugged, very long lasting and light, with a very quiet action (no twangs, clicks or clunks), scope rails and a good silencer, available in .177.

Ideally made by a British manufacturer and priced around £450 - £500.

I know attempts have been made to produce these before, but they haven't survived on the market so they can't have fulfilled all the above.

Must be do-able nowadays, surely?
    Don't tell 'em y'name, Pike!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bowyer
    A single stroke recoiless pneumatic air rifle with a consistant 11+ft/lb output that's highly reliable, highly accurate, rugged, very long lasting and light, with a very quiet action (no twangs, clicks or clunks), scope rails and a good silencer, available in .177.

I know attempts have been made to produce these before, but they haven't survived on the market so they can't have fulfilled all the above.

Sounds good to me except for the price point which I think is too high. Try £350 maximum. In addition an FAC version with more pumping needed perhaps?

A Theoben gas ram rifle with a trigger as nice as the one on my Weihrauch HW40 pistol.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by zanes
    Ok, just wondering what people would like to see produced?
    Top of the list has to be a wife who just says yes, no more moaning, dead eye or nagging. Maybe a younger slimmer fitter model.

Id like to know who ate pie mans chocolate star
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Born Again Guest
    I'd like a break barrel 0.177 with the bull barrel from a HW98 mated to the compression cylinder and trigger of a TX200 all housed in a left handed Prosport stock.

Or a left handed Pro Elite.

Hi:
    Id also go for the single stroke pnuematic, singleshot underlever.
    True glow open sights.
    Synthetic stock.
    Trigger to die for.
    Sling attachments.
    Scope rail.
    In .177 calibre priced around £350 of course British made.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    What would I like to see produce.... consistantly good ammo! Not after pellets that are the EXACT same weight as each other but possibly better quality control????

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I would like Gun specific mounts.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Bowyer

Sounds great - but until that happens, I would love to buy a Prosport without worrying that the underlever bolts, screws pins or whatever stay where they are. I had a go with one on the plinking range at Oxon yesterday(really sorry I cannot remember the Cromer lad's name who lent me it-but thanks mate) - it was absolutely superb to shoot, but the piece of tape over the screw to stop the head fouling the woodwork reinforces what I have seen on here about this mechanism.

I wonder whether the old airsporter style retaining catch would lower the degree of technology required to make it 100% reliable?

If AA could sort this aspect out I would sell my TX and get one tomorrow, I would think hard about entering next year in the springer class.

Regards

Richard

Y GWIR Guest
    An upgraded trigger unit made available for the Theoben evolution, I wouldn't mind paying the extra. Crosman premier in .20 brought back into production.

I have a feeling this thread has the potential to grow into something huge

Quote Originally Posted by Y GWIR
    I have a feeling this thread has the potential to grow into something huge
    Or a big fight!

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    Quote Originally Posted by zanes
    Or a big fight!

most likely....... no where did I put that popcorn

Post by Home brew

I would like to see **** WITTS on the above thread to be strung up by their b cks for yet again putting our sport in the public eye because we all get tarred with the same brush as a bunch of teenage yobs with an air rifle!!
    The more and more sh*t you see or read in the papers i think thats why so many of us have problems on trying to get permission to shoot because the minute you say its for an air rifle its the same replay "Sorry no thank you!!."
    As sad as it brings me to say this i really do think there should be some form of licenceing for are great sport, to stop these idiots from spoiling it for the rest of us!
    I dont think it should be as strict as applying for a FAC but some form of BASC or BASA membership plus a membership to a gun club if your into tgt shooting with referances off the secretary, or if hunting is your bag maybe some form of course you have to undertake "if i'm not mistaken like they do in France" and run by BASC.
    I dont know what the answer is, but i do know that something needs to be sorted.
    What do you think lads?
    Am i barking up the wrong tree?
    Hw100 Sk .20 Pulsar Trail XP38
    Hw100 SK .20 Mk4 Leup 2.5-8x38 TMR
    FX Wildcat .177 Hawke Panorama 3-12x40