The HW100T has been my reintroduction to air-guns after a break of twenty some years. Bit of a change from my Webley Osprey! Like the OP, I found the quality superb when I unpacked the box a few weeks ago, and I too like the heft of the gun. I'm probably not the only one who tends to equate weight with quality.

I don't find taking out and replacing the air cylinder particularly onerous, and I ensure the threads engage the right way by standing the rifle on it's butt, lowering the cylinder into place only using gravity and turn it between thumb and fore-finger which so far has ensured trouble free threading each time.

I'm shooting in .177, and having used a Pellpax selection of 38 different types of pellets, found Daystate FT in 4.52mm to give the best 10 shot group of a little over 1/4" at 28 yards bench rested (although not on a stand). Quite simply, this level of accuracy is a complete revelation.

Shooting at Lincs HFT club last night (with my wife having a try) I realise quite how quiet the latest Weihrauch silencer is, with it being barely audible at more than a couple of yards. I was also able to hear how well in compared with other rifles at the same time.

The gun as delivered was tending to creep a tad over 12 ft lbs with the H&N's I have been using, and being that kind of guy, I researched power adjustment and tweeked it down a smidge.

I am getting a very flat trajectory from about 15 yards out to 30 plus, with a drop at 40 yards of almost exactly 1 mil in the scope.

Weihrauch were one of the brands I lusted after when I was a lad, plinking in the back garden with my brother's 'Diana' (It was one where you removed the end of the muzzle, together with about a 7-8" barrel, and put the pellet in the back end of the barrel before screwing it back into place. Does anyone else remember those?). My years of waiting were well rewarded, and I feel my hours spent poring over computer reviews were justified.

I am quite sure the gun will be able to outshoot me, and enjoyed my first meander round the HFT range. I will almost certainly have a go at competitions as well as doing a bit of hunting.

Phil