Quote Originally Posted by deeps
.....have switched to a Venom cylinder to drop weight and improve the balance of the gun. I was a bit unsure about this but as soon as it was fitted the difference in feel became apparent.

... the large O ring in the fig 8 bracket that cushions the cylinder has split on me, minor problem though. I actually liked the pressure gauge on the front of the OEM cylinder cos a quick glance at it told me where I was wheras with the QF cylinder I generally top it up every time in case of any leaks etc.

The workings are heavily greased by the OEM so my next task will be to degrease, polish up the sear and relube which some have reported as being worthwhile.

It's worth saying that because the Venom cylinder is slightly longer and smaller in dia than the original, it comes with a liner for the fig 8 bracket plus a short sleeve to extend the silencer beyond the end of the cylinder. It would be even better if it had a pressure gauge too.

I also have a modified fig 8 bracket that only supports the cylinder leaving the barrel fully free floating. The barrel's 16mm dia and probably stiff enough to withstand most normal use, but maybe it would be better to use the original when hunting - just in case.

I agree that there's lots of grease in the action - best removed IMHO.