Thread: Weihrauch HW100 - First Impressions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've recently bought an HW100S with Venom cylinder and sold my AAS400 & S410k.
    The Weihrauch is more consistent but just as accurate as the AirArms and the trigger is so much smoother.

I originally bought the S400 for HFT and felt the Weihrauch should do at least as well and with its trigger and single shot adapter, possibly better. I was reluctant to sell the 410k because it was perfect for hunting, but the HW100 is just as compact, albeit a little heavier, but with more shots and a better magazine. In fact it comes with 2 magazines that cannot double load and with a sling, the weight isn't a problem.

So I now have one rifle that easily replaces two and probably surpasses both in build quality and performance.

Like Kerplunk says in his review, there's no power curve - all shots are at the same power (until it's below about 90bar - then the power suddenly drops.) There is a regulator to control the pressure - this seems a simple device, but so much the better - it certainly works well.

I use AA Field pellets and find these to be very consistent, but it would be interesting to know what other users think about other makes of pellet in this rifle.
    Last edited by essjay; 03-08-2006 at 07:34 AM.