Thread: Following the Trend

Thumbs up Following the Trend

The problem I find with these reviews is that people either gush or condemn. Either the product is the best thing ever made or as much use as a bike to a fish with little if no middle ground.

Having recently bought a second hand BSA Hornet .22 I understand why and whats more make no apology for it.

I LOVE THIS GUN. The cocking mechanism or (MMC) (Same as the Ultra) works brilliantly every time, the trigger is chunky enough in size and pull so you "feel" the shot but not so chunky that you have to "pull" the trigger as oppose to squeeze it. The walnut stock looks great and the bullpup design makes it practical in the field. Is it a bit heavy? No dont be a girl. Do you only get 40 shots per fill? Yes plenty for a day in the field unless you want a full auto setting

Please dont burst my bubble
    Ollie

Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Olliekooga View Post
    The problem I find with these reviews is that people either gush or condemn. Either the product is the best thing ever made or as much use as a bike to a fish with little if no middle ground.

Having recently bought a second hand BSA Hornet .22 I understand why and whats more make no apology for it.

I LOVE THIS GUN. The cocking mechanism or (MMC) (Same as the Ultra) works brilliantly every time, the trigger is chunky enough in size and pull so you "feel" the shot but not so chunky that you have to "pull" the trigger as oppose to squeeze it. The walnut stock looks great and the bullpup design makes it practical in the field. Is it a bit heavy? No dont be a girl. Do you only get 40 shots per fill? Yes plenty for a day in the field unless you want a full auto setting

Please dont burst my bubble
    Ollie
    Good write up M8 let us know how the gun and yourself get on, regards Mick
    mickmick
    fas est ab hoste doceri

Had it in the field

Just got back from my first trip to the field with my BSA Hornet .22. 3 Rabbits at 35 yards 3 shots 3 kills just as god intended, plus a woodie. Crossman premier domed pellets come out of this gun with almost monotonous consistency including a pigeon shot at a steep angle into an old oak tree which normally I wouldnt even take on due to the change in trajectory of the .22 pellet.

Bury me with this gun and the simmons whitetail scope aint none too shabby either

Ollie
    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN TO ST PETER HE WILL TELL "ONE MORE SOLDIER REPORTING SIR I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL"