Thread: Whats the gamo R77 combat 4" like?

steve22 Guest

Whats the gamo R77 combat 4" like?

Hi
    I am interested in buying a gamo R77 combat 4" revolver and would find it very useful if anyone can give me any info about it, for example how it works, where's cheapest to buy it, I've seen it on JSR however it is not priced on their website, does anyone know how much they sell it for?
    Thanks

I bought one of these in 1997 as my first CO2 pistol. Each chamber in the cylinder had a different point of aim. It was very plasticky. I really did persevere with it, but to no avail. I ended up getting a CP88 which was a better gun. I guess that they may have improved the pistol, or I may simply have had a lemon.

I was very pleased with the CP88, but now have a S&W 586 4", 6" and 8" revolver set, which satisfies that revolver urge, whilst being accurate and powerful enough for fun plinking at spinners, re-setters, old 12b shells, extra strong mints and beer cans. I'd guess that you could get a s/h S&W 6" or 4" from the sales section on here, for the price of a new R77.

Darren Petts Guest
    It's a double or single action revolver. It's a bit plasticy and loading is slow as there's no mag change option but a decent enough fun gun. Build quality is well behind the S&W

steve22 Guest
    Thanks for your replies, what does double or single action mean?
    Thanks

It means it can either be fired with each pull of the trigger or can be fired by first cocking the hammer and then pulling the trigger I think.
    hoplophobe