Thread: Used gun prices

Suggs is offline I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars

Used gun prices

as you will probley no im a newbie and gagging to buy a gun, theres plenty for sale on here and i have the cash waiting, now as im new i have no idea of used prices just new prices in the mags and on the web, anyway im after a pcp combo aa S410 etc and ive been offered a few of them for over £400- £450, as i dont no the used values ive searched back a few months on this forum and it seems that everything has gone up buy £50-£100 and in many cases with less kit, it seems if you go back a month you could easly pick up a 410 combo for £350 or a full set up with a filler pump/tank gun stand etc for about £500, also seemes that nothing is really selling now either, infact after checking back its the only reason why i havent arranged to buy a gun this weekeknd, any views on this

regards
    H

Suggs, have you looked at Target Sports mate there are a couple of 410's for sale in their second hand section!!

good choice of gun by the way "you wont be disappointed"
    Hw100 Sk .20 Pulsar Trail XP38
    Hw100 SK .20 Mk4 Leup 2.5-8x38 TMR
    FX Wildcat .177 Hawke Panorama 3-12x40

DJP Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs
    as you will probley no im a newbie and gagging to buy a gun, theres plenty for sale on here and i have the cash waiting, now as im new i have no idea of used prices just new prices in the mags and on the web, anyway im after a pcp combo aa S410 etc and ive been offered a few of them for over £400- £450, as i dont no the used values ive searched back a few months on this forum and it seems that everything has gone up buy £50-£100 and in many cases with less kit, it seems if you go back a month you could easly pick up a 410 combo for £350 or a full set up with a filler pump/tank gun stand etc for about £500, also seemes that nothing is really selling now either, infact after checking back its the only reason why i havent arranged to buy a gun this weekeknd, any views on this

regards
    H
    I agree, there seems to be a lot of overpriced used stuff around at the moment. When JSR (and a few others) are doing 410 combos, with silencer and basic scope, brand new for £500 I fail to see why anyone would pay £400 for a scruffy used example.

It also amuses me when people throw in a cr@p scope (like a cheapy 4x40) in the belief that it will induce someone else to pay over the odds for their gun.

No wonder some stuff doesn't sell!

crunchy92 Guest
    No doubt when buying a gun folk go to JSR and buy one of the Mega deals not always on the site but on the PDF of the mag advert but when selling they look at what that set up would cost at a local gun shop and get tempted to make a slight profit. If your budget is tight (mine was) go to J S Ramsbottom or the air gun centre for their superb after sales guarantee, the warranty you get with new is worth the weight of the gun in gold, well not quite but you know what I mean. Good choice of kit by the way

Arrow

A very good point being made here is the value of any warranty. It is also right that a lot of items on here appear overpriced AND are not selling.
    That has to tell you something.

Suggs is offline I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars
    theres also a risk when sending money to someone the other end of the country that you dont know and has only made a few postings on the forum
    although normaly if the seller has been on the forum for a few years and is well known then its not such a risk..
    as has been said if a used gun is only about £100 less than a new one and is an older model then seller cant expect it to be a easy sale especialy when theres a lot of choice...

i have about £800 worth of archery kit its as new and im only after £400 for it, its like me asking £650-£700 for it..
    H

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    You can't really ask more than 65-70% of the lowest retail price for a second-hand gun, even if it is immaculate and has only had 5 shots through it.