Thread: .177 Crosman Rifle Barrels ????

.177 Crosman Rifle Barrels ????

Can you get them ? I have a Backpacker that I am going to customise but want to use a .177 cal longer barrel rather than a .22cal.
    SteveD are you there ???
    Cheers
    Carl.

Hi Carl,

You could use the barrel from a Crosman 1760 (.177 version on the Rabbit stopper) but i think they are only available in the US. You could try AGS but doubt they would have any, you could also try Jim at Crooked Barn as he will have them.

I am in the process of setting up a website to offer this type of thing for all us Crosman tuners...watch this space.

Steve.

PS, you will have trouble keeping the power up if you use the smaller cal, even if it is longer and the smaller pellets seem to get lost in the breech. I have tried it and because the breech, bolt and lead into the barrel are all set up for .22 it just doesn't feel right.
    Firm but fair.

Thanks Steve.The Backpacker I have got hold of is .177 cal and that is the original cal as it is stamped onto the breech.That is why I want the longer .177 cal barrel.Did you think , like me ,that they were only made in .22 cal ?
    ATB
    Carl.

Hi Carl,

I didn't know they were made in .177, does that make it 1789 then?

I bet the breech and bolt are the same as the .22 models though

If you need any more help finding one then let me know.

Steve.
    Firm but fair.

I got one sent over from crooked barn to convert a rabbit stopper to .177.
    Took ages to get through customs and arrived slightly bent so I had to get a gun smith to straighten it. However the resulting gun was very accurate and worth the effort despite all the damn plastic!

I have found that all the longer barrels seem to have a slight bend in them, doesn't affect the accuracy though.

Steve.
    Firm but fair.

Steve.
    Backpacker 1389 .177 cal stamped on the breech.Identical to the one I had off you only .177 cal.
    Carl.

i used to have a backpacker. Modded it by adding a aftermarket steel crosman breech and bolt and an 18inch recrowned barrel from. A nice chap from texas ordered me the parts and did the recrowing and i paid for the parts and postage to him and to the UK. Still worked out at about £35 for the barrel, breech, bolt, and a break he kindly chucked in free of charge.

Wish i hadnt of sold it so im currently modding my 1377 into a rifle. Ive got a crooked barn breech and extended bolt, camo pumparm and stock and now i'm looking for a barrel band and and a longer .177 barrel. Then i'll probably add a tr robb silencer adaptor and a silencer.

thats my plan anyway.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377