Thread: Pcp Maintenance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Pcp Maintenance

How often do you have to get your PCP fettled to keep it in safe running order?

I haven't bought one yet but sometimes I get tempted by second-hand BSA Hornets. I always do my own work on springers but I would be afeard to tamper with the insides of PCP. How much does it cost for an expert to give them a service?

BSA = John Bowkett I think it's a about £75

Ben Taylor, DM80, Sam(on the Forum), Steve Pope, ISP arms and on and on, there are lots and as long as you keep away from the High pressure side you can DIY safely. There are instructions on the net.

ALWAYS check with a Chrono better safe than nicked!!!

Ora

tpe Guest
    Once you know what you are up to they are easier to work on than springers. If you get one perhaps get a naff one as well to practice on? As far as danger goes if they have no air in them they are safer than springers, it is difficult to get your fingers chopped off by the hammer spring closing on them .

tim

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    I've had my mk2 Rapid going on 4years ,nothing at all ,leave it alone, if it aint broke then dont mend it.Pcp's if looked after will last for a looooooooooooooong time,just from time to time a bit of grease on the O'rings,clean out barrel,a very very thin bit of grease to the bolt(rapid) or loading probe(hornet),mag a wipe down only,stock a nice bit of furniture wax and thats your lot.If it starts to leak then off to a good gun-smith ie.Ben Taylor John Bowkett.

I asked webley this very question when I owned the viper. They said bear in mind the warranty for a PCP is 12 month you could send it off once a year for a service. But why bother if there is nothing wrong with it. The viper is over 4 yrs old and still OK (daughter now owns it).
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member