Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What co2 pistol

crunchy92 Guest

What co2 pistol

I'm thinking of buying a co2 pistol for messing about in the garden or even the house I'm looking at get in either the Baikal makarov mp654, the gamo v3, the gamo pt 90 or the gamo px 107. Any views on these guns as you see I'm going for the lower cost end and wont be competing with whatever I buy. I like the baikals all steel construction but most of the gamo's have about a 100fps more which also appeals. Thanks for any help

Mike

Have you considered the Anics Skif?

farrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchy92
    I'm thinking of buying a co2 pistol for messing about in the garden or even the house
    Guns and messing about! not a common mixture

The Mak is a great little gun, but suffers the same as any CO2 gun ..Noise.

AndyY
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

crunchy92 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
    Have you considered the Anics Skif?
    It was right at the top of my list I was even going to get one off the sales section but I read so many bad reviews and write ups that I decided not to take the risk of getting a lemon.

I only shot my Co2 gun in the house once and the cat disappeared for the rest of the day, and could only be persuaded to come in by tempting her with prawns.
    If you want a pistol for plinking around the garden and house, then the Weihrauch HW40 is the ideal candidate.
    It has a sweet two stage trigger that is better than any trigger I have ever tried. Because it is a pneumatic putting out around 2.1 ft/lbs (the same output as most Co2 pistols) there is only a sharp 'crack' as you fire.
    Accuracy is excellent. I like the looks and is made from a plastic that is very durable with all the important bits made of metal.
    The sights are adjustable for windage and elevation and have fibre optic inserts to aid with aiming.
    I also have a HW45 which is awesome, but because the HW40 is recoiless, it just pips it for day to day use.
    For around £80 it is a bargain.
    The only down side is that it is single shot, but it doesn't need Co2.
    Paul

crunchy92 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by farrow
    Guns and messing about! not a common mixture
    Unfortunately quite a common mix actually, lets not forget that English being Gods own language is very flexible so lets not be too pedantic about a colloquial expression of my joy at a little bit of safe plinking at the end of a hard day, eh ?

If you're looking for a high quality budget CO2 gun, choose a 2nd hand Tau 7.

My buddy has bought a second hand one for approx. 175 quid, and it's a fantastically accurate thing that's well suited for plinking and target shooting.
    V= approx. 175 m/s

CO2 from small cartridges or recharge from a bigger container.
    HW 97K Maccari/Venom .177 - FW Heym .177 - Diana 350 joke - Baikal IZH 46M .177 - Haemmerli 208s .22 - SIG P210-6S

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL
    If you're looking for a high quality budget CO2 gun, choose a 2nd hand Tau 7.

My buddy has bought a second hand one for approx. 175 quid, and it's a fantastically accurate thing that's well suited for plinking and target shooting.
    V= approx. 175 m/s

CO2 from small cartridges or recharge from a bigger container.
    I wouldn't mind one of these myself, but still looking out for one.
    Rocking horse poo springs to mind.
    Paul

crunchy92 Guest

Question

I'm looing at the cheaper end and am tempted by the power of an anics skiff f1, or the durability of a baikal makarov mp 654, or may be a gamo pt 90, pt 80 or v3. These seem to be reasonably priced for a fun thing and have got acceptable power/range the baikal being at the lower end and the anics at the upper power and price end but with lots of worries about reliability. Any views on these choices.

The SKIF is a good accurate gun in single-action (hammer cocking) mode - but the long, stiff, creepy double-action is terrible. I still wouldn't part with mine It's great with a red-dot sight. Target acquisition is almost instantaneous.

I've also got a cheap Daisy 2003, which is a 'proper' semi-auto (although the slide is internal only). The trigger is light and positive and, with modification, a laser fits on the top quite comfortably. If you can get one cheaply (unlikely as they are well known for being easily converted to full-auto) and lay hands on a few spare mags (also unlikely as the factory ran out of them a couple of years ago - I got a half dozen of the last batch, and I'm keeping 'em) it's an ideal back yard plinker.
    "I would laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England." Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil.Your 'local' hospice needs your charity . Please give until it hurts..I made this

Darren Petts Guest
    Get a secondhand S&W 6inch barrel version. It's easily the best modern CO2 multishot until you get into the expensive target guns. It has a good mix of nice trigger, power and accuracy. The Umarex auto-clone pistols are pants compared to one.
    Last edited by Darren Petts; 11-08-2006 at 05:45 PM.

DJP Guest
    I've owned a fair few pistols and, while I don't know much about the guns you mention, I have to say that multi shot CO2 pistols generally tend to be disappointing. Rudimentary sights, poor triggers and woeful inaccuracy are the norm. Quite a few have dubious reliability, too.

If you must have a multi shot CO2, the Umarex Smith & Wesson clones are quite highly regarded, and the only one I'd bother with these days.

Personally, I think the HW40 and Gamo PR45 are much better for general plinking.

crunchy92 Guest
    You've come very close to persuading me there Dirty Harry, how many rounds have you put through your skif, as to the trigger I've heard that you can put a shoe on the trigger and it's greatly improved. I take it you haven't had any maintenance or jamming probs by how much you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty-Harry
    I've also got a cheap Daisy 2003, which is a 'proper' semi-auto (although the slide is internal only). The trigger is light and positive and, with modification, a laser fits on the top quite comfortably. If you can get one cheaply (unlikely as they are well known for being easily converted to full-auto) and lay hands on a few spare mags (also unlikely as the factory ran out of them a couple of years ago - I got a half dozen of the last batch, and I'm keeping 'em) it's an ideal back yard plinker.
    23 quid from ramsbottoms
    hoplophobe