Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a stupid plan?

is this a stupid plan?

Now, i realise this has probably come up before but what calibre is best for hunt... only joking

So has anyone tried decoying rabbits? You know when you drop one and the others run off into the hedge for however long and then when one appears its usually not long before another and then another. Well, what if you got a stuffed rabbit and left it out where they usually feed so when they go running off they notice that one is still hanging around, thus fooling them into thinking its ok to hang about or to come back out more quickly.

Someone must have tried this tactic and i guess the decoy would have to be downwind and pretty convincing. Anyway thanks in advance for the pisstakes and im off to eb*$ to find a styuffed rabbit
    AKA: ultimate atomic indestructable sniping ninja terminator of oblivion/certain death blah blah blah etc...

theoben-fan Guest
    i remember reading summit about it in the mags a few years ago using flock covered garden ornament rabbits, i think the article said it worked well

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunz
    Now, i realise this has probably come up before but what calibre is best for hunt... only joking

So has anyone tried decoying rabbits? You know when you drop one and the others run off into the hedge for however long and then when one appears its usually not long before another and then another. Well, what if you got a stuffed rabbit and left it out where they usually feed so when they go running off they notice that one is still hanging around, thus fooling them into thinking its ok to hang about or to come back out more quickly.

Someone must have tried this tactic and i guess the decoy would have to be downwind and pretty convincing. Anyway thanks in advance for the pisstakes and im off to eb*$ to find a styuffed rabbit

It certainly seems worth a try, i think dead ones that have just been shot, and ones that are stuffed, but i think u'd have to be very wary of the scent i u kept a decoy in your garage or what ever, we doont smell good to rabbits lol

ATB and i hope it works Rob
    Shot master tuned hw80/97k. BSA ultra s/s
    [url]www.airgunshooters.freeforums.org[/urll

You could always lie in the field with your bare @rse in the air and hope to attract the gay rabbits....

are you sure you are just waiting for gay rabbits?
    6 months is a long time

Sand Spider Guest
    Q: How do you attract a rabbit?

A: Sit in a field and make a noise like a lettuce.

Sorry!

Nice one pat ...lol
    ..... Just make sure George Michael is not around

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoben-fan
    i remember reading summit about it in the mags a few years ago using flock covered garden ornament rabbits, i think the article said it worked well
    Was this an april edition

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunz
    You know when you drop one... and the others run off
    I'm not surprised the others run off.

BigEars Guest
    The idea of the decoy certainly works with garden gnomes, so why not with rabbits?

I suppose I could dress my 3-year old up like a carrot, dye his hair green and bury him up to his ankles...but I would get done for neglect.

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    Why not try it and let us know?
    As for the scent issue perhaps you could leave it in a sealed bag with a (cured) rabbit skin or maybe rub it over a dead one just to get a "real" scent on it.

It might seem like a daft idea but until you try it
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEBITE
    As for the scent issue perhaps you could leave it in a sealed bag with a (cured) rabbit skin or maybe rub it over a dead one just to get a "real" scent on it.

For scent, could you just leave then in the potting shed, amongst all the carrots onions and spuds? or is this stupid??

ATB Rob
    Shot master tuned hw80/97k. BSA ultra s/s
    [url]www.airgunshooters.freeforums.org[/urll

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEBITE

Rub the deeks in carrot juice.
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

theoben-fan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    Was this an april edition
    actually it may have been, i used to believe anything the mags said, i once spent hours putting pellets in camera film cases and boiling them in a pan of water trying to turn them to gold

starrysmoothhound Guest
    try mashed carrots with rosemary outside their burrows, works well.