Thread: Using an S200T cylinder in an S200

Using an S200T cylinder in an S200

I was just wondering, as many people complain that the Air Arms s200 doesn't have a pressure gauge, I'm pretty sure that the cylinder from the S200T model(which does have one) would do instead. Judging by the pictures at http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/A...200%20list.htm, the two look as if at one end the fittings are the same (the onle difference being that the 'T' model requires that the cylinder be removed to fill).

I was just wondering if anyone had tried this.

Yupp, the back end of both cylinders has a "DIN" fitting. The advantage of the type without the gauge is that you can refill the cylinder without having to remove it from the gun. I made the change in the other direction, my S200T has got a cylinder with a quickfill connector on the front end. I know its good for 40 flat shots from full so I just count my pellets out in batches so I know when it's time for a refill (the gauge was never that accurate anyway.....).

yes, if you need to remove the cylinder then its possible that you may have problems with a silencer fitted, particularly if you have the mk2 with the a frame at the front.

I have the AA silencer and it has to come off to allow the removal of cylinder.
    AA S200T .177 / AA Silencer / Magazine / AGS Sapphire 3-9x40 mil dot
    AA TDR .22 / Carbine cylinder / custom woodwork / HW silencer / AGS Mini 3-9x40 mil dot

Nice to do business with : Snock; Frenchi; Glow

Another point is that the firing valve is built into the cylinder, and by removing it you are at a greater risk of damage or getting dirt into it. You will also need a special filling adaptor.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.