Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know where to get deralin grub screws

jack222 Guest

Anyone know where to get deralin grub screws

Does anyone know where to get deralin grub screws from.Or can anyone on here make them.Would be gratefull for any info or if anyone could make me a few if i sent them the grub screw size.Thanks in advance

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).

Grubs

The grub screw (turninium loseitondeflooreum) is unfortunately now very rare. A few attempts at farming them has had little impact on available populations and now that a Deralin International Certificate of Stalking or D.I.C.S. is required to extract them from the wild it is doubtful if such a breeding programme is likely. The Cave Grub Screw is of course now extinct. Identified by its tiny head and dark grey to black colour, it was doomed to a distant memory by its characteristic knack of scurrying into irretrievable nooks and crannies at the earliest opportunity. There is talk however of a genetic programme in the US whereby a team of scientists are trying to cross the Wood Screw (Mancuniana Screwdrivious) with a distant relative of the Shallow Pan Head Screw (Doubleglazinal Bungumaloveritian) but it will be many years before the results are published.

Ps. Good luck in your hunt.

Pps. Its bin a quiate night.....

John Henry 1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid House
    The grub screw (turninium loseitondeflooreum) is unfortunately now very rare. A few attempts at farming them has had little impact on available populations and now that a Deralin International Certificate of Stalking or D.I.C.S. is required to extract them from the wild it is doubtful if such a breeding programme is likely. The Cave Grub Screw is of course now extinct. Identified by its tiny head and dark grey to black colour, it was doomed to a distant memory by its characteristic knack of scurrying into irretrievable nooks and crannies at the earliest opportunity. There is talk however of a genetic programme in the US whereby a team of scientists are trying to cross the Wood Screw (Mancuniana Screwdrivious) with a distant relative of the Shallow Pan Head Screw (Doubleglazinal Bungumaloveritian) but it will be many years before the results are published.

You should not have stopped taking the tablets

Quote Originally Posted by Acid House

You could ask Kick Yer Butt, AKA Dave Lilley.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

jack222 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm bands

You could ask Kick Yer Butt, AKA Dave Lilley.
    Dave lilley

Top bloke and a machinist with his own lathe to boot, he can make all sorts of nice bits for rifles, as well as turn crappy stealths into fantastic guns worth having, contact here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

jack222 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm bands
    Top bloke and a machinist with his own lathe to boot, he can make all sorts of nice bits for rifles, as well as turn crappy stealths into fantastic guns worth having, contact here.
    Cheers arm bands will send him pm

You're welcome.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is Delrin really a suitable material for something that small? I wouldn't think the threads would take much load. But Dave's the man to tell you and he'll probably welcome the distraction as he's psyching himself up to make a batch of his Daystate Mk3 muzzle flip compensators which is something he really doesn't enjoy.

Jonathan

A delrin grub screw wont last 5 mins unless its quite a large size thread, say 8mm and above (6mm if it dosn't need to be tightened to much) and it will have to be slotted for a screwdriver.

What size (length & thread were you thinking of ?

Alex
    Tomahawk Sidewinder .22 (British)

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Does it need to be Delrin? Nylon screws are freely available, could easily cut the head off and slot it.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

jack222 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow
    Does it need to be Delrin? Nylon screws are freely available, could easily cut the head off and slot it.
    nylon would be fine.Where would i get the nylon screws from

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Try Maplin or RS Components.

or here: http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/nylon_screws.htm
    Last edited by xbow; 14-08-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

[QUOTE=zorba]A delrin grub screw wont last 5 mins unless its quite a large size thread, say 8mm and above (6mm if it dosn't need to be tightened to much) and it will have to be slotted for a screwdriver.

[QUOTE=Snapshot]Is Delrin really a suitable material for something that small? I wouldn't think the threads would take much load. But Dave's the man to tell you and he'll probably welcome the distraction as he's psyching himself up to make a batch of his Daystate Mk3 muzzle flip compensators which is something he really doesn't enjoy.

Both correct. but a tiny bit infront of a steel one would stop it marking barrel if thats any use?

Back to mfc heaven.

Prodigal Guest
    What size thread??