Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $$$$$Best value products Stateside$$$$$

snoj Guest
    I emailed a US company about getting a Simmons scope sent over but they said that their supplier would not let them. Think I am going to give a go, loads of people willing to send to UK. I was quoted around $18 to ship a scope and you can pay using paypal, as some companys wont accept non US cards. So far have had a couple of knives and a GPS sent over from USA. The GPS alone saved me £75.
    Cheers
    Jon

Bulsaye Guest
    camera's may also be cheaper here.. in fact- the Japanese FLY to the states to buy their own cameras in bulk, then ship them back and STILL make money. Odd, ain't it? Blue jeans are also cheap if you shop around a bit.. usually you can't beat the sales in the big chains like Walmart. RB

Jim Craig Guest
    There are some US companies that will export to the UK (if the item being purchased is legal here and legal to export from there) and I've done a couple of transactions with varying savings. An agency such as described above would I think, do very good business on some items (scopes, accessories, CO2 guns, clothing all come to mind) and even after shipping costs and import taxes, there can be savings. Whether the margins are good enough to make it a business proposition I don't know but I'd certainly welcome (and buy from!) such a source if it proved reliable and better value than some of the rip-off prices we see in the U.K. (JSR a welcome exception to that last comment!)