Thread: anyone here go to ford /yapton airgun ranges

Old-gun Guest

anyone here go to ford /yapton airgun ranges

just wanted to know what the club is like , friendly,relaxed etc .
    or run like an army regement .

Bsa Scorpion Guest
    il be going thursday for the 1st time so im interested to know too please ppl

geoffd69 is offline Pops head up, looks around, squeeks and runs back underground
    i went last night for the first time, very impressed, nice and laid back but hot on safety, i think there having a lot of work being done at the mo, new ranges being added, which is good, also got hft training courses, which itchin to have a go at, might be over there on sat or sun, might see ya there

geoffd69 is offline Pops head up, looks around, squeeks and runs back underground

Bump

cos i was so impresed and made to feel at home will be goin regular from next week

Quote Originally Posted by geoffd69
    cos i was so impresed and made to feel at home will be goin regular from next week

Nice one.... even though i'm a member of Ford and Yapton 'Rifle' Club, i havent had chance yet to visit 'Ford' ranges so i'm pleased its getting a good report.

Many members do of course visit and love the place.

Please be aware we are affiliated to Ford ranges only.

Old-gun Guest
    well sounds good to hear . i am looking for a place to do some paper taget shooting over 50 yards ,indoor if pos ,
    as at the moment i am stuck at 25 yards . but want a casual place to shoot and not some regimental types sticking it to me all night if you see what i mean .

bump

me and me mate spent all day up there today, even bought a hw40 after a bit of advice from a member,,,,,,bit hectic at the mo, most ranges are closed but give em a coupla weeks and they gona be the dogs bollossssss i just hope they dont get peed off with the guy comin in for a refil with the new air arms quickfill adapter ie me, but to be honest give em a coupla weeks and this is gonna be shooters paradise

Someone told me it's a members only place, is that true or can anyone use it?

Rob.
    AA S510R TDR Hawke Vantage SF 4-16X44

yes it is members only, but you can take guests, costs a bit more, but well worth it, cost £65 a year with a one off charge off £15 when you join for a police check

It's a geat place, my lad joined about 5/6 months ago and has beeen going to their youth nights once a week since then, I have now joined and can only say they have been both very welcoming and a great source of advice and help. Many members there will let you try out there equipment and freely spend time giving you the benefit of their experience.

A lot of major changes to the layout at the moment but the plans for the future are brilliant with more ranges and new space in the pipeline.

Cheers

Thumbs up its good there

just rejoined after a years break and am looking forward to seeing some old faces. I like the new shop James. lots of helpfull people big on safety but relaxed and friendly. no big sticks.