Thread: Logun silencer - is it time for a new one?

Logun silencer - is it time for a new one?

Hi, I took the moderator off the barrel of my S-16 to give it a quick routine once-over and while looking down the bore noticed a few very fine strands of fibre were protruding into where the pellet would fly. We're talking six or seven strands far thinner than a human hair.

While tiny, I suppose it only takes a minute amount of foreign body to upset a pellet's flight. I assume the fibres are from the baffle material.

Since I noticed this my shooting's been a bit off, although I don't know if this is due to lack of confidence on my part or a genuine problem.

£43 for a new one is a lot of cash if it's somehthing I don't need, but if you do feel it could be a factor then I'll happily pay the money and replace the silencer.

So what do you reckon?

Lack of confidence and that chap you shoot with shouting "FIRE" just as you pull the trigger!!!

Yeah, he is REALLY annoying and off-putting.

Pity he's such a good shot otherwise he'd get axed!

Can't you just take the thing apart and sort it out?

gunnstack Guest

Protruding fibres

Tried removing the moderator and snipping off the fibres or can you do that in situ? I don't think I would recommend pulling the fibres as they are probably of a woven texture and you might do more harm then good.
    Regards Gordon

As FMJ says, you could try dismantling it and replacing the wadding. Alternatively you could try singeing the fibres with a hot soldering iron.
    Of course, you don't have to replace it with another Logun as the S16 has the standard 1/2" UNF thread. A Weihrauch silencer would be cheaper, lighter and more effective than the Logun.

Jonathan

talk to UK Neil on here and he can make 1 for you....he does a great piece of work and cheap as well

cheers Lee
    “If I die Please don’t let my Wife Sell my Equipment for What I Told her I Paid for it .”

Well, I've taken your advice.

I took it to bits, fiddled with the felt and eventually managed to get it all back together.

Nice clean bore.

Now off to the range for a test fire.

Cheers,

PS need to try a Weihrauch silencer on the S-16 as well as a comparison. Everyone seems to love these silencers.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemorton
    PS need to try a Weihrauch silencer on the S-16 as well as a comparison. Everyone seems to love these silencers.
    It might be cheaper to replace the internals of your current logun with something more efficient, u.k.neil might possibly offer such an upgrade.