Thread: Buying airguns and The Airgun Centre

Buying airguns and The Airgun Centre

They appear to have been around forever...I can remember their combination deals when I was a teenager. I'm curious as to whether the deals are considered good or whether a `local` gunshop would match their offers in some way. Airgun pricing seems very much like mountain bike pricing - near identical from shop to shop. I know a lot about purchasing mountain bikes and I know what to expect from a local seller and how they may be reluctant to discount but will often include some worthwhile accessories. I haven't bought an airgun for a very long time (but am looking forward to doing so very soon!) and I have no idea whether any mention of discount/price matching/free accessories at a local gunshop will be expected or result in horror and immediate ejection from the shop!
    Last edited by slender; 23-08-2006 at 04:04 PM.
    Slender

I've posted on your original thread mate.
    Modded Ratty. 22

Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    I've posted on your original thread mate.
    Just clocked it - thanks.
    Slender

Quote Originally Posted by slender
    They appear to have been around forever...I can remember their combination deals when I was a teenager. I'm curious as to whether the deals are considering good or whether a `local` gunshop would match their offers in some way. Airgun pricing seems very much like mountain bike pricing - near identical from shop to shop. I know a lot about purchasing mountain bikes and I know what to expect from a local seller and how they may be reluctant to discount but will often include some worthwhile accessories. I haven't bought an airgun for a very long time (but am looking forward to doing so very soon!) and I have no idea whether any mention of discount/price matching/free accessories will be expected or result in horror and immediate ejection from the shop!
    AS YOU LIVE IN THE WEST MIDLANDS NIP INTO, SFS AND HAVE A CHAT.

Its the after sales partis why thety are dearer.If you want a gun serviced regular,or fixed if it is broken free of charge.Then use them.But if you can get a gun serviced cheaper than what the postage costs are,then maybe buy local.But don't forget there offer is for life.Steve
    Can you here the echo

Quote Originally Posted by slender
    They appear to have been around forever...I can remember their combination deals when I was a teenager. I'm curious as to whether the deals are considering good or whether a `local` gunshop would match their offers in some way. Airgun pricing seems very much like mountain bike pricing - near identical from shop to shop. I know a lot about purchasing mountain bikes and I know what to expect from a local seller and how they may be reluctant to discount but will often include some worthwhile accessories. I haven't bought an airgun for a very long time (but am looking forward to doing so very soon!) and I have no idea whether any mention of discount/price matching/free accessories will be expected or result in horror and immediate ejection from the shop!
    I tend to prefer the local gun shop instead mate a good friendly face you get to know for one.

I tend to take airgun world/airgunner with me and ask them if they can do a price match!

Allso if anything goes wrong just take it back to the shop where you bought it from and they can do all the donkey work from there, instead of getting on the blower and explaining to them, then sending it back by post its a right royal pain in the @rse.

My advice go for the local gun shop
    Hw100 Sk .20 Pulsar Trail XP38
    Hw100 SK .20 Mk4 Leup 2.5-8x38 TMR
    FX Wildcat .177 Hawke Panorama 3-12x40