Howdy Russ,

Yeah, I know what you mean about the 400 vs 500cc's of air. Things don't seem to compute... But you've got to consider your rapid (and my old rapid) had 21" barrels, vs. the 17" barrel on the wolf, right? That evens things out a bit. My old rapid was set at 34fpe and I got 50 shots that would stay within a 25fps extreme spread. I've heard of 100 shots from 400cc's at 30fpe with the rapid, but have not seen the spreads. -And there is hope for the wolf, since David Snook is reporting 130 shots at 30fpe with his shot compensation. -And he's says he's working on a hand-held programmer so we can program our own compensation. Lets cross our fingers and hope that programmer makes it to production!!!
Good luck with your next gun purchase! If you're going .177, I'd recommend the MK3 with the regulator -70 shots per fill at 860fps with 10.3's and a 10-15fps extreme spread. Check out this 50 shot group from 35yds with the MK3 ft:
http://www.hunt101.com/img/422495.jpg
THE most consistent/accurate thing I've ever seen... Absolutely brilliant platform for FAC .177, IMO. If you're going .22 then I have to vote for the wolf. Shot count on the Mk3 at 30fpe may be troubling if you want a nice tight spread...

regards,

Scott in CO