Thread: Taking a walther winchester apart

a_john Guest

Taking a walther winchester apart

I've been mucking around with a walther winchester and am considering trying to tune it to 12ft lbs. Has anybody any information on taking the buisness bit apart?
    On the more power issue. I have tried elastic bands round the hammer and got a lot less power. I get 7.5 ft lbs with 10.5 grain crossmans. Out of interest chilling the C02 to about 2C bought the power down to less than 6 ft lbs. Warming it in the sun to about 32C only gave a marginal increase over the 7.5. The gun seems fairly stable above about 15C. Somehow I think the gun is (tuned) barrel limited and the only way of getting more power will also involve heavier pellets. I've some 13.5 grain on order.

ora8i Guest

Tuning A Co2 gun.

I did a Ratty and got it to 11.4 FPE with out to much difficulty. I have no idea how hard you gun would be to work on but if it’s any use I posted a round up of Co2 tuning.

Co2 Tuning.

In any event it’s all on the Crosman Forum.

Regards Ora

Regards Ora

R0B Guest
    easiest solution would be to convert it to .20

robin

clubshot Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A John:
    I've been mucking around with a walther winchester and am considering trying to tune it to 12ft lbs. Has anybody any information on taking the buisness bit apart?
    On the more power issue. I have tried elastic bands round the hammer and got a lot less power. I get 7.5 ft lbs with 10.5 grain crossmans. Out of interest chilling the C02 to about 2C bought the power down to less than 6 ft lbs. Warming it in the sun to about 32C only gave a marginal increase over the 7.5. The gun seems fairly stable above about 15C. Somehow I think the gun is (tuned) barrel limited and the only way of getting more power will also involve heavier pellets. I've some 13.5 grain on order.[/quote]

Many have tried , but not herd of anyone managing to up power on these Rifles.

My Exterminator 9.50's work a treat and heating CO2 in the Sun will raise the power slightly.

But herd that they ( Germany ) spend much time and effort to make sure that it could not be be power increased.

Around there own power limit's which are lower than the UK's.

BOB/R

a_john Guest
    The conversion to 0.2 doesn't look to good as there isn't really anough meat in the magazines. My gun is leaking after about 2000 pellets. The sparklets holder is ok but the gun itself leaks the lot out if they are left in for more than a day so it may have to go back.
    One thought on varying the hammer power. It should be possible to hit the guns hammer with a swinging weight. Should get much better control that way and see if there is any scope for this sort of mod. This will work providing the trigger is held in too.
    The other obvious mod is barrel length. Anybody know where I can buy light weight barrel tubing?