Thread: Bsa Ultra Problems

m1toman Guest

Bsa Ultra Problems

Hi, i have a bit of a problem with my daughters bsa ultra.At Redfearns this weekend she started the event and i suspected almost immediately that something was wrong with her ultra, when i put a few shots through the chrono it was fluctuating nearly 1/2 ftlb between shots.Does anyone know what this could be or should i just send it to a professional to be rectified ???

it could many things pellet weight for eg, 8.44grns at 780fps=11.4ftlb, 8.10 grns at 780=10.9 the last batch of jsb Iweighed varied between 8.10grns / 8.8grns a half ftlb difference is easy with UNWEIGHED pellets rgds ANT.

m1toman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 99CLOMP
    it could many things pellet weight for eg, 8.44grns at 780fps=11.4ftlb, 8.10 grns at 780=10.9 the last batch of jsb Iweighed varied between 8.10grns / 8.8grns a half ftlb difference is easy with UNWEIGHED pellets rgds ANT.
    Thanks but i feel it may be more than just pellet weights, at 35 yds i am having impact points nearly 3" up and down of the zero point.

Check/replace the tiny seal on the pellet probe. New guns are supplied with a spare and a sachet of silicone grease.

m1toman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic
    Check/replace the tiny seal on the pellet probe. New guns are supplied with a spare and a sachet of silicone grease.
    Thanks definately worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by m1toman
    Thanks but i feel it may be more than just pellet weights, at 35 yds i am having impact points nearly 3" up and down of the zero point.
    3 INCHES,,,,, good advice to check seals etc etc,also try shooting with/without silencer,I have heard of shooters expecting to much from the ultra, I Put one through a chrono for a shooter who had a prob with his ultra, it started on 9.2ftlbs rose to 11.6 and droped back to 9ftlbs all in 40 shots it gave 28 shots on the sweet spot, rgds ANT.

Gary C Guest
    Hi Phil

I had a couple of tins of JSB doing that