Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, need a little bit of information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah I see it's an SMK XS36.
    Isn't that the Chinese TX200 copy? Kind of looks a bit like one.

My first rifle of recent years was their Custom Lion and despite it's many detractors I found it a very useful and accurate gun, once I'd put a decent scope on it. It gave out around 11.5 ft/lb with its original spring so I see little need to upgrade if it's as good as mine.

kristiaan_d Guest

Hello again

OK must appologise for the long location not used to this board yet. To narrow down my location, search for Aberdare on Google Earth (in the uk lol) and thats more or less where i am, i have located one club in my area that i am going to visit on saturday see what there like. (but not many close enough i don't have to spend at least 35 - 45 mins driving to get to)

honestly yes the reason i would like to fit a new spring into a new rifle is more power from the get go.

I don't know if it was my experiences with rifles but i always found that most new (or second hand) rifles has an "adequate" spring in the gun but i found changing the spring normally gave them a vast improvment in there power. not to mention they seemed to last longer with a new spring from the get go rather than half way through there life.

or it could be me buying cheap rubbish guns. hehehe.

i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards (not sure if that is an average range or not on these guns as i have never measured it in the past) so if i can get that same sort of distance or slightly further i would be happy with the gun.

If not and it appears to be having a hard time blowing holes in wet toilet paper at point blank it will be a return and refund job, and save up for a nice webley.

Oh dear.

do you know how many ft/lbs your rifle is doing at the moment? (it must be 12ft/lbs maximum, due to the laws). if you dont know you might want to get hold of a chrono and see before fitting a new spring.

ATB mikey
    Last edited by Mikey Boy; 29-08-2006 at 04:48 PM.

anyone know the best way of getting spag bol splashes off a monitor and keyboard ???????
    Regards
    Seggy

Prodigal Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by corkscrew
    anyone know the best way of getting spag bol splashes off a monitor and keyboard ???????

Don't waste it, ..

or it could be me buying cheap rubbish guns. hehehe.

Got it in one..

Yup, tis a cheap chinese version of a decent gun, but as my above post says, I got 11.5 from mine out of the box, didn't know that til I'd got the chrono though...
    Save up 40 quid and get a combro before messing with it.
    If you put an Ox in it you'll nacker its working parts.
    If you put any spring in it either with or without checking it it's your fault when the Police check it.

Quote Originally Posted by kristiaan_d
    i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards (not sure if that is an average range or not on these guns as i have never measured it in the past)

Must be them funny Welsh yards.

ATB
    Ray

i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards (not sure if that is an average range or not on these guns as i have never measured it in the past) so if i can get that same sort of distance or slightly further i would be happy with the gun.
    Define accurate please..

The only rifles I've used that are 'accurate' to those ranges are the 7.62 SLR, and 5.56 SA80. No air rifle under 18ft/lb will be accurate beyond 100 Yds for the simple reason that if a sparrow farts anywhere near the flight path it will knock the pellet off by at least 6 inches. Unless your idea of accuracy isn't as hot as mine........

steelyglint is offline Worried bored dissapointed vain product From The Nonsense Factory who knows he shouldn't, but does, anyway
    Now now be nice !!
    Don't want to scare a newb off, I still consider myself one.

Kris, I think what you may find is that you may need to have a re think on your range estimation
    Last edited by steelyglint; 29-08-2006 at 05:04 PM.
    "Going to war over religion is basically killing one another to see who's got the better imaginary friend..."
    Spaniels and guns: what more does a man need?

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint
    Kris, I think what you may find is that you may need to have a re think on your range estimation

Just drop off the zero at the end and he'll be fine........

get your XS36 ON A CHRONO ASAP the one I checked for a neighbour was so far OVER the limit I MADE HIM SEND IT BACK

Quote Originally Posted by 99CLOMP
    get your XS36 ON A CHRONO ASAP the one I checked for a neighbour was so far OVER the limit I MADE HIM SEND IT BACK
    So why is it I'm thinking he'll take heart from that post........?

If not and it appears to be having a hard time blowing holes in wet toilet paper at point blank it will be a return and refund job, and save up for a nice webley.
    Er....... yes....250 yards. Hmmmmm.

Can't wait for the next post.
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.