Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, need a little bit of information

Quote Originally Posted by kristiaan_d
    i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards (not sure if that is an average range or not on these guns as i have never measured it in the past) so if i can get that same sort of distance or slightly further i would be happy with the gun.

If not and it appears to be having a hard time blowing holes in wet toilet paper at point blank it will be a return and refund job, and save up for a nice webley.
    Er....... yes....250 yards. Hmmmmm.

Can't wait for the next post.
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Prodigal Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by corkscrew
    anyone know the best way of getting spag bol splashes off a monitor and keyboard ???????

Don't waste it, ..

get your XS36 ON A CHRONO ASAP the one I checked for a neighbour was so far OVER the limit I MADE HIM SEND IT BACK

Quote Originally Posted by 99CLOMP
    get your XS36 ON A CHRONO ASAP the one I checked for a neighbour was so far OVER the limit I MADE HIM SEND IT BACK
    So why is it I'm thinking he'll take heart from that post........?

Nodmeister is offline All I ask is that you are inventive but kind
    i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards (not sure if that is an average range or not on these guns as i have never measured it in the past) so if i can get that same sort of distance or slightly further i would be happy with the gun.

If not and it appears to be having a hard time blowing holes in wet toilet paper at point blank it will be a return and refund job, and save up for a nice webley.[/QUOTE]

Cough, Cough, Splutter.
    BSA R10 .177 Nikko Stirling Gameking 4-16x44A/O

We're all waiting aren't we? C'mon...who's going to be the first?

Where's Gary when you want him

kristiaan_d Guest
    ok ok yards feet inchs there all the same (unless u`r female) 100 foot i belive it to be, and yes my imagination was ( and maybe still is ) running wild and i have an awful sence of distance

not to mention i never said that the gun was accurate to 250 yards / feet / inches i just knew it can hit objects, houses, walls (THICK TREES) etc hehe

As far as i`m concerned if it will go that far at 15 - 25 foot most small "vermin" are pretty much screwed when it comes to lead piercings. the gun is accurate around that range, so i`m happy.

as i said i don`t have any required sighting tools to make it accurate to a decent range so if it can hit stuff at 25 foot or less that will do me for now.

I am in the process of joining a local club so i will get the gun tested for range and accuracy etc so i can give you some realistic figures

[QUOTE=kristiaan_d]

/QUOTE]

The moon landings finished in the early 70's

Chris

[QUOTE=kristiaan_d]

i know that is an impressive claim for a gun ad, but i know for certain that my present rifle is accurate upto 250 yards

Err Yes you did

Quote Originally Posted by kristiaan_d
    I am in the process of joining a local club
    Yes that's a very very very good idea.

I'm not being funny mate and we all have to start somewhere but from what you've posted here it sounds like you have a great deal to learn. Honestly don't mean that as an insult. It's important tho' when were talking about shooting live quarry a beginner understands that is exactly what they are, a beginner.

Where hunting is concerned knowing the effective accurate range of your rifle is almost as important as knowing the effective accurate range of your shooting.

Since sub 12 Foot Pounds rifles mean that quarry should really be taken with headshots for a humane kill you need to work out at what range you can consistently (8 or 9 times out of 10) get your shots within a 1/2" circle. Work this out for each of the shooting stances you're likely to shoot from (i.e. standing, kneeling and prone)

If, as I suspect, you find that with your B36 that's not very far at all don't be discouraged. These cheap chinese springers are reknowned for um...not being very good...<ahem>. So it may be more down to the rifle than your innate shooting ability.

As a basis for comparison BTW most shooters consider 35 yards to be a reasonable top range with a sub 12 FP rifle and 40 yards to be pretty much the max.

If you do join a club then you will probably be able to have a go with other shooters' rifles (we like nothing better than being told are rifles are really nice! ) and get a better idea of what's out there.

So yes, defintely absolutely, completely join a club.

kristiaan_d Guest
    someone is happy tonite

ok so in terms of a jap knockoff i have just managed to purchase, can someone suggest a better rifle that doesn`t have made in taiwan stamped on it and is going to be decent enough for a beginner in the world of rifles??

also i did ask a while ago and would really appreciate an answer as i don`t understand it, what is the 4X32 about on the scopes?? is this regarding distance it can see etc?

my current rifle is a BAM XS-B19 (also known to a lot of you on here from today as the "Miracle Rifle" ) which again is a cheap jap knockoff as far as i can tell ( not to mention the "Made in Japan" stamp on it )

But it has a 4X32 scope on it, hits everything i point it at, and may not last a year due to me adding an OX Spring to it. but its my first gun for nearly 6 years and i am happy with it.

what i wanted to know originally was if i could get or fit a high power spring to the rifle i left a link to, but to find out that is also a jap knockoff that proberbly won`t last 2 shots with a higher preformace spring in it. obviously i won't bother with it.

i don't doubt a lot if not all of you know far more than myself on this matter, but what would of been nice would of been some corrections to what i have been babbling on about or an "are you sure that distance is correct" rather than having nearly 2 pages worth of mickey takes

weevie is the first person i have read a message from that points out i have a lot to learn but offers some information at the same time.

I am first to acknowlage that i know little about rifles, i know how to take them apart and repair them when needed and have never had a problem putting one of my cheap guns back together, or using it etc and i am fast to learn on a subject to.

sorry if this sounds "off" in anyway as it is'nt meant to but this is the first messageboard i have been on regarding a particular subject, and had such a hard time from one very ( yes i admit it ) inacurate post.

4x32 on the scope is :- 4 times magnification x 32mm = diameter of objective lens, the end opposite the end you look through.

kristiaan_d Guest
    cool so would you say £19.95 for a 4X28 scope is about right?

this is the scope that i have just purchased for the new rifle,

http://www.bbguns.co.uk/813_1_1000814.html

Also on a spring gun is there any point in getting a silencer for it? as surly most of the noise from these guns is the spring action in them and that is'nt something that can be silenced? is it?

have you paid for the scope????

you should get one on here in the for sales section, you can probably get a 3-9*40 one for £25 or less.....a better scope than the one you have said to of bought.

mikey

ps. i dont think theirs any point in getting a silencer for your rifle