Thread: More pleasure.

Talking More pleasure.

Going off the number of posts on the subject.

How many people are getting more pleasure from tuning, messing, working with or just re-lubing springers than with PCP's.

PCP's are so accurate and clinical they have no soul. The springers on the other hand have plenty of soul and character.

You don't even have to shoot a springer well to enjoy it. Just pulling one apart, a little play, a little polish a little lube and hours of enjoyment

Or is it just me that's sad

ATB
    Ray.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Ditto

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    No - I'm sad too! I love pulling springers apart and playing with them...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

i like it aswell but then they dont normally go back together because i lose bits and get bored

So long as it's not just me
    There are others

ATB Rob
    Shot master tuned hw80/97k. BSA ultra s/s
    [url]www.airgunshooters.freeforums.org[/urll

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    I once pulled a springer to bits but the airgun fairies escaped and the gun was never as good.

Apart from 4 SSP's, ALL my collection are springers

I prefer springers in the same way I prefer automatic watches over quartz watches.

Gosh, I am the same. Modern PCP's are like modern cars - controlled by some clever bit of kit. I leave clever bits of kit to gunsmiths, a springer though now that can be polished and loved. OOOh eck reminds me of setting dwell angles on an old Ford Anglebox....

Take care, Voldy
    All in black, all in black, gives wabbits a heart attack.

Bob Roberts is offline I need to get drunk, laid and wake up in a bush.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun
    Going off the number of posts on the subject.

How many people are getting more pleasure from tuning, messing, working with or just re-lubing springers than with PCP's.

PCP's are so accurate and clinical they have no soul. The springers on the other hand have plenty of soul and character.

You don't even have to shoot a springer well to enjoy it. Just pulling one apart, a little play, a little polish a little lube and hours of enjoyment

Or is it just me
    that's sad

ATB
    Ray.
    And I thought I was the only one. Last Saturday I purchased a air rifle but since it only tuck an afternoon to fire off the two hundred or so pellets I had to my name, I have spent considerably more time tinkering with the trigger and relubing the internals.There is just a felling of pride and accomplishment I get from owning a springer that I don’t get when using and maintaining a recoilless air rifle.
    Last edited by Bob Roberts; 31-08-2006 at 07:05 PM.
    What we find in books is like the fire in our hearths. We fetch it from our neighbor's, we kindle it at home, we communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all.
    -Voltaire

Yours Earnestly,
    Benjamin.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/

To run over better waters the little vessel of my genius now hoists her sails, as she leaves behind her a sea so cruel.
    Dante

Quite agree, springers are much more fun for fettling and pulling apart, and in a perverse way the more obscure and the harder to fix up, the more diversion from doing something useful can be gained.

Yes, springs for me too.
    Will buy me a PCP one day, but just bought a Feinwerkbau 300S for 75 quid so it may be a while yet.
    Glad i'm not alone....

Paul
    Paul

Born Again Guest
    Me too ! Love my TX, but my problem is growing, I feel the need for a break barrel now ! Help !

You mean all that dirt and grime under your finger nails. All that sticky, messy 'tars' and greases which, no-matter how careful you are always find their way onto your trousers and shirt. The cut fingers (from the Weihrauch trigger slot edge). The sweating and swearing. The searching for escaped tiny parts. The hours of polishing bits of this and that and de-burring. Those damned coilbound springs. Making leather washers and spacers. All those days waiting for replacement parts (when you can source them). That first cocking and firing after hours of painstaking work.

LOVE IT!

Its a great part of the enjoyment of airguns.

Ray (RAYGUN) is the clubs resident gunsmith doing repairs, re-springs, re-lubes, buttoning, stock finishing and with over 150 members he's kept VERY busy. His prices are reasonable -a couple of tins of pellets here and there. Then therers Jim Edge famous for his silencers, adaptors, strippers, single shot trays etc. If its metal Jim can probably make it. Then theres Alan (ORA8i) our clubs 'What if I do this?' and his transforming pigs ears into silk purses. For heavier gunsmithing (re-blues, silencer thread cutting etc.) there Dave (DM80). No wonder fixing and fettling airguns is so popular within our club.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 01-09-2006 at 07:47 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk