Thread: FWB 300 manual

FWB 300 manual

Anybody got a copy available as a PDF or something?

In particular how to adjust the trigger?

Just bought a nice Running Boar model with an ambi thumbhole stock with an adjustable cheekpiece that appears to be from the factory.

Also it won't take peep sights, anybody know much about the Running Boars?

Finally are scoped rifles allowed in 10M shooting?
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Paul Hudson Guest
    Manual'll be on its way in a few minutes Ayns - I just need to remember where I filed the PDF.

I don't think scopes are permitted in classic 10 metre... and I know nowt about running boars

Cheers,

Paul.

email FWB...they will send you one free of charge..
    www.delgi.com
    www.olympicguns.co.za
    Steyr LG110 FT
    Steyr LG110 HP .20cal
    Steyr LG20 FT
    AA S400 Ginb FT
    HW100 FAC Ginb FT
    FX Verminator,Gladiator, Ranchero
    Logun Axsor
    Logun S16Xs FAC
    FWB300S
    AA Venom ProSport Ginb FT
    AA Venom TX200HC CS1000
    Steyr LP50 and LP10
    SAM K15
    Theoben Evo .177
    Theoben Crusader .20
    BSA Lightning XL Tactical .177
    Winchester Mod52 .22LR silhouette
    Hammerli 152 Electronic .22 free pistol, others...

Paul Hudson Guest
    Manual (and a Word doc specifically for trigger adjustment) have been sent to your hotmail account.

Paul.

Thanks amigo.

Fwb300s

If you also have a pdf copy of the manual for the 300S I would be very grateful for an e-mail copy.

Mike95

Fwb300s

There is a forum specifically for the FWB 300/S on the Yahoo forums. You have to register.

Mike95

Paul Hudson Guest
    Mike - rather than clog-up email inboxes, I've made the files available as a download.

Manual (pdf)

Trigger adjustment (Word)

HTH.

Paul.

There's a few links and diagrams on our site now Ayns

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    Mike - rather than clog-up email inboxes, I've made the files available as a download.

Manual (pdf)

Trigger adjustment (Word)

HTH.

Paul.
    Excellent, thanks for the above.

Paul
    Paul

Fwb 300s

Many thanks for the pdf. I did find a link to a German site which provided an illustrated strip down of the 300S but even with the illustrations it looks daunting.

Mike95

Wink

I did used to shoot running boar in the 1980's with the GB team but used a Walther LGR running boar rifle. At that time we shot at a scaled down 50 metre target which was about the same size as a running rat. The target traversed a 2 metre gap in 5 seconds on a slow run and 2.5 seconds on a fast run. A full course of fire was 20 shots slow and 20 shots fast. You were not allowed to raise the gun above your hip until the target appeared from behind the side covers. The target would traverse the gap and you would take one shot aiming ahead of the 6mm 10 ring by about 20mm. After reloading the gun and waiting in the "ready" position the target would appear again travelling in the opposite direction. 10 shots left and 10 shots right and then the fast match would be shot, conditions all the same but the target would be travelling twice the speed so you would need twice as much lead. At the time twin post scopes were used so you could aim dead on. Most competitors would use a magnification of about 10 -20x which seems high but with good technique and lots of practice it is surprising how good you could get. We are looking at ragged one holers all the time at the moving target or about 8mm c-c groups.
    The air rifle event was based on the 50 metre .22 rimfire running boar discipline. The main place to shoot this was at the BSRC ranges at Bisley. In the 50 metre event the target traversed the 10 metre gap in 5 seconds(slow) and 2.5 seconds(fast). 30 shots were shot at each speed. there was also the mixed runs match when you got 20 shots slow and 20 fast but you never knew what speed it would come out at so it could catch you out. Aim off was about 12" on the slow runs and 24" on fast. Competitors would use up to 30mag scopes to shoot at the 60mm 10 ring. Most of the time the top Brits would shoot about 60mm groups with the odd few dropping out of the 10 ring. It was quite difficult to maintain a constant score in both directions. you might drop a couple outside the 10 in one direction and 5 or 6 in the other direction at times. This was a rewarding event to shoot unlike the air rifle which could be a struggle at times due to the lock time. The 10 metre event changed in the late 1980's so that we then shot at a 15mm black dot between two scoring diagrams(bulls) which were 140mm apart. This signalled the end of running boar and the beginning of the much less enjoyable running target which was also shot with only 4 mag scopes.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.

Thanks for that, interesting information :d