Thread: NV help required NVMT2

NV help required NVMT2

OK Chaps,

I have an Yukon NVMT2 gen1 NV set-up complete with rifle mount.

Unfortunately this scope doesn't have a reticule and relies on a laser for
    targeting and also is a maximum of 3X mag.

Tonight I fitted a scope to my NV rifle, Daystate X2 Sport, and managed to get a sight
    picture by holding the NV scope against the telescopic sight set at 6x Mag. At this
    mag I can also see the reticule so it is an ideal set-up for longer range ratting with
    my .177.

However, the combination of NV scope and telescopic sight makes the whole set-up
    too long to get a comfortable position in which to hold the rifle/scopes.

Does anyone know of a mount that would allow me to connect the NV kit
    to the rifle and telescopic sight and at least brace the scopes together so I
    can perhaps mount the scope further forward on the scope rails.

Other than this I am going to get rid of the NV kit before I have really had
    a chance to see what it can do for me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Hi,
    What you have was called the NVMT5 weapon kit.The cage mounting to clamp it to the rear of your day scope sadly disappeared with the demise of Soviet Bazaar.A new version is available but is designed around the D126,which is very different to your NVMT .
    Soviet Bazaar also used to produce a sliding mount system to enable proper eye relief to be mantained.
    If you have an old scope mount you could cut the base off,and bolt a rear extension to it with a hole to take a bolt that will fit the NVMT.From memory the first ones were 1/4 in machine thread,I think they later went to M5 or M6.
    If you elongate the bolt hole and use a washer you will be able to slide the NVMT up behind your dayscope.
    Tommorow I will be telling the forum how to build their own nv monocular using a toilet roll and double sided sticky tape.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitman View Post
    Hi,
    What you have was called the NVMT5 weapon kit.The cage mounting to clamp it to the rear of your day scope sadly disappeared with the demise of Soviet Bazaar.A new version is available but is designed around the D126,which is very different to your NVMT .
    Soviet Bazaar also used to produce a sliding mount system to enable proper eye relief to be mantained.
    If you have an old scope mount you could cut the base off,and bolt a rear extension to it with a hole to take a bolt that will fit the NVMT.From memory the first ones were 1/4 in machine thread,I think they later went to M5 or M6.
    If you elongate the bolt hole and use a washer you will be able to slide the NVMT up behind your dayscope.
    Tommorow I will be telling the forum how to build their own nv monocular using a toilet roll and double sided sticky tape.
    Many thanks for the info,

I have a couple of spare mounts so I might give it a shot at the weekend.

Nealsey
    I'm back.