Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSR 6-24x50 AO IR Scope

JSR 6-24x50 AO IR Scope

i've had quite a few emails on this scope asking whether its any good or not.

i've not written a review before, and i've had chance to look at many high-end scopes, but i'll give you my honest opinion, and if anyone feels like adding to it, then feel free, as i would like to know what other people thought of this scope.

ok, i only got the scope last week, so i havent had time to go out hunting with it yet, but i did get time for a bit of plinking in the garden. my first thought when i took it out the box was "f**kin hell!! its bigger than my gun!!!" and it is a fair 'ol length let me tell you

after i bolted it to the S200, i had a little play with the AO, as i've not used these paralaxative jobby scopes before, testing it in the garden, at a known 30yrd distance, the markings on the AO where bob-on. i also checked it at 20 & 15yrds, and again, the markings seemed more or less ok. couldnt test it over 30yrds as me garden isnt that long, but when i go out hunting, i'll edit this post with how i find it.

the optics seem excellent, but i'm saying as i've only had an AGS 3-9x40 and a Hawke 6x44 to go by. the IR has 11 settings on it starting at "is the bloody thing on??" ranging to "i'm blind!!!", so i'm sure there will be a decent setting in there you will be comfortable with. the IR wasnt as tacky as i though it might be (with the scope only costing me £59.99 from JS Ramsbottom, though its now gone up to £80 i believe ), i've seen worse, but i'm sure it certainly wont be the best. the elevation & windage turrets seem quite good with thier half decent numerical markings and the free flip up covers do what it says on the tin, but you might be better getting hold of some decent ones from Deben or somewhere like that. i also got the additional sunshade which screws on the front of the AO, seems ok, but i think it might get cross-threaded if your not careful.

well, i think thats about it, i'll update this thread when i go out hunting, and i'm doing a HFT shoot at Tawd Vale on the 24/9/06, so if you want a closer look, let me know.

the scope cost me £60, and as i said before it seems to have gone up to £80, but to be honest, if i would have seen one before i got, i would have happily paid the 80 notes for it.

hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers

Oggy

------------------------------------------------
    AA Pro Target .177
    Falcon Merlin 10-40x56

AA S400 Classic .177
    JSR 6-24x50 IR AO

www.tawdft.co.uk

well i use same scope on my bsa ultra and it is bigger than my gun lol
    found the optics great in dusk conditions parallax seems to be upto scratch
    the target style turrets make the job of adjustment easy
    another great feature is the flip up lense covers and the option to add a sunshade which for me is not possible due to the size of the scope to the gun
    l/h bsa s10 24" barrel and hw silencer bsa s10 19" barrel hw silencer and nc-03 nv
    http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/gunpowerchris_2008/13022008020.jpg

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post

starting at "is the bloody thing on??" ranging to "i'm blind
    PMSL, nice one
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Just ordered the optional extra sun-shield tube thingy for mine for an extra sick squid to help keep the contrast up in those sunny bits of our weather.

Just found out a couple of days ago that you can loosen the grub screws that hold the turrets to set them to zero once you have zeroed your scope

Pleased with it, but not had anything to compare it to.

Phil

My 2p.

Had one for about 6 months and used it for plinking,hunting and even an open HFT type event. Very pleased, though the front flip up is a bit flimsy.

Good value for money, even at the new price.

Only problems with mine is the AO and zoom were quite stiff, although they loosened up after rotating them back and forth one night while I was bored

As said the sunshade fits fine but take care when fitting it as it would be very easy to cross thread.

Flip up scope cover a bit useless though, and the front one doesn't fit if you add the sunshade.

All in all a fantastic scope for very little money.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonnee View Post
    Only problems with mine is the AO and zoom were quite stiff, although they loosened up after rotating them back and forth one night while I was bored

that'll strengthen the wrist

As said the sunshade fits fine but take care when fitting it as it would be very easy to cross thread.

slightly dodgy thread on mine needed cleaning out with a fine blade to get it to screw on.

Flip up scope cover a bit useless though, and the front one doesn't fit if you add the sunshade.

mine fits fine with the shade, although not quite such a tight fit.

All in all a fantastic scope for very little money.

Tony
    My shade turned up today, hence the added info. Take care if you have a barrell support like on the HW100, as with anything other than high mounts you could have problems with the shade fouling on the support. Mine has about 1/2mm clearance (yes, half)

HI
    I HAVE ONE OF THE JSR 24X AND I ALSO HAVE ONE OF THE JSR 40X BOTH FITTED TO S200 THAY ARE BOTH GREAT SCOPES.

Just for clarification the regular price is £79.95.

JSR tend to do a 'Special' on it every now and then at £50 ish.

Either way well worth the money.

got one of these 3 months. dont know trhat much about scopes but am very happy with it. only problem i had was the grub screws on the turrets came lose ( probably because it is sitting on a springer). took them all out put a bit of thread lock no more problems

I bought one of these scopes and it was TOTAL RUBBISH! If you adjusted the magnification or parralax after zeroing then the pellet landed nowhere near the crosshair. Sent it back and the replacement was just as bad. It would appear that I was unlucky as the general opinion of these scopes is good.
    AKA: ultimate atomic indestructable sniping ninja terminator of oblivion/certain death blah blah blah etc...

I've had my 6-24 for a few months now and have found it mostly ok.
    It fits nice and tight to the barrel of my AA S410, approx 3-4mm clearance.
    I also found that the poi changes, but only when the mag is wound right up to x24. I tend to keep at x12 for hunting and x10 for HFT, with no change of poi to speak of.
    The parallax does seem to be a bit out though, especially beyond 30yds, but some white tape and a bit of range time will soon have this sorted. If I get it sorted I may even try a few NEFTA winter league rounds.

Thanks for the tip on the turrets Phil, I'll move them now.

Over all a good buget scope, even though I did pay £80 for it.

Regards,
    Ian.
    XXX
    S410, Lanber 12g , Mossberg sa 12g.
    Good deal with Bunnyhunter and Stuart mini

What Size mounts are you using dicko? And what brand please?

AM
    Ruger 10/22 SYSS Custom .22LR WPO 6-24X50
    SBS Shotgun R.11 12G
    Air Arms S400 .177 JSR 6-24x50
    Beretta XX-Treme .177 Walther Red Dot - Probbably in Kansas with Dorothy for all I know...

BASC Member No: 500010211

"If guns cause crime, then pencils caused misspelled words"

I know it's an old thread now....sorry

But , I recieved my 6-24 x 50 JSR and sunshade today......

LOL LOL and it's true = it's bigger than my Bl**dy gun ! ! !

Guess you had to be there.......
    Making waves since 1971.

Bdc

Hi oggy on my jsr 6-24+50 its got BDC (BULLIT DROP COMPANSATION)
    I believe,whats that about and how does it work?
    rgds norman