Thread: mtc cobra a lot of scope for the cash

sniper22 Guest

mtc cobra a lot of scope for the cash

at the midland game fair i looked through every one of th e mtc scopes on their stand and on thing became apparent - just what good value they are.
    specifically i was looking for a cheap buit decent optically, scope in the area of 4x40 - 9x56 but anything with crisp decent depth of field would do. pref mil dot. it also must have had turrets that can be used when wearing gloves.
    the cobra 3-9x50 was the model that caught my eye due to the clarity of the sight picture.
    id set aside £100 but the scope was only £55!
    how mtc can sell these at the price is beyond me.
    i could do the full specs on this quality bit of kit but if you need to know anything, look on the mtc website and take it from me, at this price you wont get better

Seconded. I have one of these on FAC air and it is very clear, well made and a joy to use.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram

Thanks Tony, glad you liked it

Im getting one this morning from Bullcelt off here, looking forward to it, read a couple of good reviews on here, atvb Richard

Having already bought, and been extreemly impressed with, the Mamba 3-12 x 44 IR for my HW100s, I thought I'd try a Cobra 3-9 x 50 on my HW95.....great little scope. The Cobra has about an extra ten minutes of dusk shooting over the Mamba. Ok, the optics aren't quite as good, but the value for money is unbelievable!

John.
    HW95k cal .177, Simmons WTC 1.5-5 x 20. CZ 452 American .22LR, MTC Mamba 3-12 x 44IR.

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_J View Post
    Great review Tony.
    its not intended as a review andy, i could weight it , measure its girth and length, test it to the nth degree and still its a cheap scope. if you want more info on it, look in google.
    im simply pointing the buyers to a bargain, which ive found fitted the criteria fine.