Thread: MTC Optics viper 4x16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry Gary, didn't mean to steal your thunder, just hadn't noticed you had updated your website - starting to look very nice

Viper 8-32x60

Gary, last Sat morning when we chatted you said the weight was 650gms is that correct? good comments on here, looking forward to Dec.

Regards

Mike S

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Gary, last Sat morning when we chatted you said the weight was 650gms is that correct? good comments on here, looking forward to Dec.

Regards

Mike S
    Hi Mike

Gary has jetted off to Singapore. Apparently it's HOT out there!

The 3-12x44 weighs in at 480g
    The 4-16x50 at 570g
    The 6-24x56 at 620g
    The 8-32x60 at 650g

Hope this helps

Sammie

NB. Message from Lloyd at Bar, the 3-12x44 Viper Scopes are in stock. New link as follows:

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...t=MTC%20Optics
    Last edited by Sammie; 30-10-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: alteration

Thanks Sammie.

True mildot

Does anyone know what mag these scopes are 'true mildot' at please. Teetering on the edge of purchase Still undecided as to go for the 3-12 or 4-16

Thanks, john
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

True at 10x mag..

The ret has half mildot marks on it, so you also have the option of turning the mag down to 5x and then use the half mildot marks as full mildots. Don't know if I've explained that very well ?

Very handy for close range ratting work. i.e. for bunny bashing use the scope on 10x mag and figure out all your holdovers to the nearest 1/2 mildot. Then for the close range stuff where you need a bigger field of view turn the mag down to 5x and use the half marks as full mildots.

I've recently fitted the 4-16x50 on my hunting rifle and I've got to say that so far I'm very impressed. As a hunting scope it's excellent, and has everything I need. The removable sidewheel is dead handy too and when I get a moment I'm going to try to set it up to see how well it'll range find out to 45/50 yards.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Does anyone know what mag these scopes are 'true mildot' at please. Teetering on the edge of purchase Still undecided as to go for the 3-12 or 4-16

Thanks, john
    John

If you plan on HFT then the 4 to 16 is no good. Pure hunting the 4 to 16 is better. The x50 front end light gathering is excellent

Just read the review in this months Airgunner-will soon be buying one for the MK3!

Out of interest why is the 4-16 no good for HFT? I was hoping to get this for an all purpose scope