Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Optics viper 4x16x50

Gary C Guest
    Best bet is to look through both mate and make your own decision. Everybody's requirements is different.

I know with some IR scopes the red cross hairs can "reflect" around the inside body of the scope. Does this happen with the viper? I wouldn't have thought so as only the centre of the cross hair lights up but would like to know anyway. 90% sure im getting one to grace the MK3!

Gary C Guest
    A lot depends on your illuminantion level - we have designed it so that the lowest level is very subtle and not too intrusive.

We offer a no quibble guarantee. As long as you don't mount it we'll take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by minibbb View Post
    I know with some IR scopes the red cross hairs can "reflect" around the inside body of the scope. Does this happen with the viper? I wouldn't have thought so as only the centre of the cross hair lights up but would like to know anyway. 90% sure im getting one to grace the MK3!
    it all lights up on mine, haven't used it in the dark properly yet though.

congrats on your 1000th post
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

scope size

MTC do the viper in 6x24x56 but mtc haven't realeased it yet im going for the 4x16x50 priced at £215, It looks like a really good piece of kit and i hope to fit it to a styer lg110 ft!!

Gary C Guest
    Best be quick, not many left. We have none, the shops have a few

Next batch will be week 1 Dec. We were caught a little by surprise

Smile Top scope

Fancy being taken short Gary

A fantstic scope and extras, i have not had anyone say a bad word
    about it at the two clubs i visit.

Thanks again to you and Sammy.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    DOF is OK.

Not the best I've used, not the worst. I set mine up to haze at 40, slight blur at 45 and it starts to haze on 17 and blur on 13. 8 is a fuzz but then if you can't hit an 8 yard 1" target it's time to go...

Hi Gary

Like the descriptions. What mag were these at and assuming they were at 10 how much worse are things at 14?

Many Thanks

Rich

Gary C Guest
    Hi Rich

I never tried at 14, but if you have x14 with a 50mm front lens you will not be happy

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
    Yeah, I'm seriously considering one of these too. The only think causing me to pause for thought is that I'm not sure that 16x mag is high enough. What do you think? Is it high enough for shooting on a range at 50m?? (BTW. I'm a newbie so have shot at this distance).

Here's the link you want: http://www.mtcoptics.com/
    16 mag is ample IMHO mate - I use 10 mag out to 55 and it can be just as good as far as hitting a rabbit head size target or 40mm knock down

If your using as an FT scope then 16 mag may not be enough. I have 2 FT scope that go up to 40 & 50 mag but to be honest, I range find on 25 for both.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    The 4-16 is x50 objective which will not give a good depth of field

3-14 is x44 which is far better
    Gary.
    I take it then the 8-32x60 that I was interested in for FT and HFT will not be any good for HFT, for the same reasoning? or not.
    HERX77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Hi Mike

It's no good at all, the objective is way too big. The depth of field will be 'pants' (using one of Gary's descriptions)

Hi Sammie

Can you confirm the weights of the range of scopes again. The ones you gave on the earlier thread are a lot less than BAR are quoting.

Thanks Barry

my mate has phoned and they have sold ouuuuut

Gary C Guest
    Sorry chaps

We bought what we thought was a lot to see how they'd go. They went faster than we thought and so the 1st batch sold out.

The 60 day lead time was the problem, we never placed the second order until after the MGF ( to gauge demand)

We now have shipments due in probably Dec 17th, followed by Jan 1 and Feb 1 so we have a constant supply.