Thread: JSR yellow flip-up scope covers

JSR yellow flip-up scope covers

I have just got a set of these for my hawk 5.5-16x44 via my mum as a birthday present , I told her what I wanted and gave her all the details and left her to it, (most mums don’t have a clue and about this sort of thing) but the guys at jsr were in her words “very helpful and made very easy for me to get it right” .
    anyway the flip-up yellow scope covers are, or were on offer at £8.95 the set and come well packed , they are well made and look fine for the price and are a lot better than the elasticised caps that come as standard on most scopes. The flip-up yellow lenses are clear and “pop” open and closed and will always try and stay vertical when not “popped” closed and they are a spot on fit to the scope very well. So if you want a cheap scope cover “that dose exactly what it says on the tin” at a nice price then get a set of these

and thanks jsr for helping an o.a.p. get her son a birthday present

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    These look very similar to the Bushwacker ones I wonder if they are made at the same factory, does anyone know?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    These look very similar to the Bushwacker ones I wonder if they are made at the same factory, does anyone know?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    They are identical, not sure if same factory, but would be suprised if not.

Also known as Polar Caps.

I think they are better than Butlers and certainly more realistically priced.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Butler Creeks do look nice and look more 'in keeping' with more up market scopes but they are silly money especially when you look at purchasing several at full retail price. Always keep an eye out on here for used ones but never seem to drop lucky that often.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Its a tricky one, they are a daft price. But what price do you put on protecting a good scope?

That said, i believe Butlers are second rate.

Poor Fitting.
    Rubbish spring action.

Not actually waterproof either, when the highest point of the scope is a knurled / notched ring, such as a fast focus occular - moisture just runs through the low points.

Have had more success with Bushwhacker tbh. Dont look as good, but actually work better.

What are they like to shoot through if you leave them down?

Quote Originally Posted by razrrayns View Post
    What are they like to shoot through if you leave them down?
    Absolutely lousy.

Like looking through georgian glass.

When they have been used for a week or two and they get scuffed, they are even worse.

They are great covers, but the see through thing is tripe.

Have been using some of these for a while now so thought I would add a little bit more to this thread.

1) As has been mentioned dont attempt to use them with the see through covers down at anything other than the shortest of distances as you are wasting your time.

2) In the gun bag on a number of occasions the covers have flipped open as they are not tight enough. I see this as a real issue and something that significantly increases the chances of the plastic hinges breaking.

3) Bottom line is you get what you pay for, if you have the cash go for the utler Creeks but if you are on a budget these are worth a punt.

Kindest regards

Barrel

Thumbs up

After wrecking many sets of BC flip ups and one or two ofthe Polar type - eventually went for the Bikini style rubber covers by BC.

370756374997 on the auction site.

Held on the scope by a couple cable ties around the tube, they WORK and do not break.

Waterproof, quiet and fit any scope. Pricey initial purchase, but have not killed a set in three years of daily use.

Recommended option.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

scope covers

butler cracks !!!!!

Butler's

Hmm, I agree with most Butler Craps are just that, the last time I bought something that nasty I was about 8 outside Woolworths, put my ten pence in the chrome slot and turned the handle out popped a plastic egg with some nasty gum and a Chinese plastic toy, indeed probably higher quality than these caps