Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    These permission letters seem all well and good, but I'm afraid I know what my farmer would say if I presented him with a load of official looking documents to read and sign - it'd be something along the lines of "you've got to be **********ing joking!" followed by "you'd better look elsewhere for somewhere to shoot". If I also started telling my farmer about all the various types of pests and the damage they could cause, he'd be (rightly) insulted and tell me to p*ss off.

We have a very informal arrangement:

We've checked each other out face to face.
    He's seen my insurance.
    We have each other's phone numbers (including my mobile)
    I phone before I go onto his land (so that he knows I'm there and not some trespasser he has to worry about)
    I stay out of any fields he's working in.

We certainly haven't signed any agreements, waivers, disclaimers or other made-up legal sounding documents (has anyone actually had a lawyer cast his eye over one of these 'permission' letters - would they have any legal weight?).

It's an entirely different case if you are working in a professional capacity, but for us unpaid hobbyists, I'd think carefully before you alienate a hard won land owner with too much officialdom and 'teaching him to suck eggs'.

Just my humble opinion

Matt

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    These permission letters seem all well and good, but I'm afraid I know what my farmer would say if I presented him with a load of official looking documents to read and sign - it'd be something along the lines of "you've got to be ******************ing joking!" followed by "you'd better look elsewhere for somewhere to shoot". If I also started telling my farmer about all the various types of pests and the damage they could cause, he'd be (rightly) insulted and tell me to p*ss off.

We have a very informal arrangement:

We've checked each other out face to face.
    He's seen my insurance.
    We have each other's phone numbers (including my mobile)
    I phone before I go onto his land (so that he knows I'm there and not some trespasser he has to worry about)
    I stay out of any fields he's working in.

We certainly haven't signed any agreements, waivers, disclaimers or other made-up legal sounding documents (has anyone actually had a lawyer cast his eye over one of these 'permission' letters - would they have any legal weight?).

It's an entirely different case if you are working in a professional capacity, but for us unpaid hobbyists, I'd think carefully before you alienate a hard won land owner with too much officialdom and 'teaching him to suck eggs'.

Just my humble opinion

Matt
    Thanks for your opinion I shall file it in draw B1n
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Thanks for your opinion I shall file it in draw B1n
    File it whichever drawer you like, it'd be boring if we just had one point of view though wouldn't it?

cheers
    Matt

some interesting views flying round all with merit its horses for courses.

I will pm you later matt thanks for the offer. The one at the top of this thread looks like a good one to send to a golf course etc

Are golf courses any good for rabbits and stuff?

Excuse my ignorance but hey if i dont ask i wont find out