Thread: My permission letters

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Excellent letter but; the disclaimer on the permission contract need to be specific about who it indemnifies (landowner or tenant, farm workers employed by them etc.)

Otherwise you are basicly indemnifing your own accident and injury insurance that probably comes with the air-rifle shooters association (I know my BASC insurance covers it.) Which would be a bind if u slipped and broke something major while out doing vermin control; you are stopping yourself claiming against your own insurance which can be a great help if the injury incapacitates you for several months and you can't work.

Also if you were injured as a result of some anti who has tresspassed onto the land to try and disrupt legal pest control then; neither the landowner or yourself would want you to sign away the right to sue the trespassing anti who has commited a criminal offence (aggrivated tresspass) from the moment he stepped onto the land with the intent to stop you shooting.

If a trespassing-anti assualted or otherwise caused me to become injured during my duties when I used to do pest-control; I would certainly want to get compensation for the bodily harm they may have inflicted on me.

Just my thoughts thats all.

mr_colt

P.S: Have you checked the "Airgun shooter assocation" will cover you for public liability while using firearms and shot guns?
    Last edited by mr_colt; 30-01-2008 at 04:57 AM.