Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Thanks, very helpful, will be using a modified copy of this letter in my local area soon.

Thanks

I am sure they Will come in use and be very helpfull...

Smile

Just about to post 31 of these. There's a couple of different bits in there. Fingers crossed
    Another idea ..... don't know if it would look more professional/organised. You can go on the Royal Mail site and print your envelopes with a stamp, an address and your own logo. Maybe something to think about if the first batch gets no results.

Name
    Address
    Tel
    Mob
    Email

Dear sir/madam,

I'm a responsible airgun shooter looking for a permission to shoot over. I'm 60 years old and getting back into the sport after some years away.

I'm a paid up and fully insured member of BASC which carries a public liability of £10,000.000.

I would have no objection to a police or any other check.

If you have a pest problem from rats to rabbits I would be more than happy to keep them in check for you. I know some pests are a priority at certain times of the year and I would work on seasonal problems as you wish. If your pest problem is sizeable I can get help if need be. I would add Foxes to the list if need be but need a sizeable permission to apply for a firearms or shotgun certificate.

I would of course shoot only at the times and places designated by you including hours of darkness.
    Be assured I would respect your family's privacy at all times, entering and leaving only by your designated access points.

I have more than my fair share of common sense and I would hope that my eyes around your property would be helpful, especially at unsocial hours and it goes without saying that I would alert you immediately should I find anything untoward going on or gates or fences down or livestock in trouble etc.

I'm a handy sort of chap and if I'm around would welcome a shout to give you a hand at any time should you need it. I'm a firm believer in if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Of course, if you're partial to rabbit I'll gladly share the spoils with you.

You will of course be absolved from any liability for any accident to me or anyone shooting with me whilst on your property.

If you are already catered for in the rabbit and pigeon department, maybe I could be of use in the farm buildings? Air rifles are so much more building friendly than shotguns.

If you have no use for me at all but know someone who does, I would be hugely grateful if you would pass this letter on.

If you feel inclined to grant permission, please get back to me and I'll come for a personal visit at your convenience.

Kind regards

name

Thanks for posting these letters, I'm going to give them a go and see how I get on. I used to have permission on a farm many years ago, but it has now changed hands and I'm desperate to find somewhere to shoot again!!

An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?

Quote Originally Posted by toxo View Post
    An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?
    I'd be well up for this, shame you aren't manchester way

Nice letter toxo, simple but to the point. Might just use it myself

Quote Originally Posted by martincocks View Post
    Nice letter toxo, simple but to the point. Might just use it myself
    Thanks mate!
    In the words of one Goon to another Goon after saying "Take out your wallet and repeat after me"

"Help yourself"

Some great letters here, I can't wait to try some of these out!

For a long time I had the job (see under self-inflicted injury) of finding land for off-road club competition so I know how hard it is though we did pay quite well. A well-written letter such as these can be read at a time to suit the recipient and receive more consideration as a consequence. Whenever I visited potential premises I'd take some hacksaw blades ( British made seconds, usually. Always scrounged from a scrapyard ) and when the landowner accompanied me to my car, ask if he'd got a hacksaw. Of course they always had, so I'd ask if they could make use of these, proferring a handful of blades, warning them that they were of variable quality. That way I left them with a smile on their faces and a reminder of what a nice ( if devious ) chap I am.

I know it's expense but why not enclose an SAE or postcard. They're always appreciated and subliminally say that you're not taking the recipient for granted.

Good luck to you all, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Excelent templates, i will be giving some of these a try!