Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just what I was looking for will be using this letter as I'm about to send some thanks

I made some changes.

These are pretty good although I have made a lot of modifications. I appreciate the work that you put into preparing these letters but personally I had to dispose of the portion that extensively details the pests and the threat they posed because farmers know this already and it might sound a little patronising. Not the kind of first impression you want to make when trying to get permission to shoot on their land. Please don't think this is criticism because it is purely an observation that others might appreciate.

Again thanks to the original poster for the ground work here.

This is how mine looks:
    FREE PEST CONTROL

Dear Sir/ Madam

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is xxxxxxxxxx, I am a xx years old air gun hunter living in the Milton Keynes area. I am writing to you concerning any pest control problems you may have on your farm and farm buildings.

I am a responsible air gun owner with 20 years shooting experience; also I am a member of Milton Keynes Air Rifle club and BASC. I currently shoot with a spring powered .22 air rifle

I would be willing and happy to assist in dealing with many of the common pest species that are considered acceptable quarry for air rifles which includes rats, rabbits, grey squirrels and corvids as I am sure you are all too aware of the damage such species can cause to crops and the dangers they can pose to livestock.

I am a courteous, patient and intelligent person by nature, always willing to learn, and follow instructions to the letter. I ask nothing in return for my services other than a continuous right to hunt the property and a friendly wave as I come and go.

I will dispose of all pests off the property and any quality game such as rabbit or pigeon will be offered to yourself.

Alternatively, if you have no use for my pest control services at this time, but have an area of land, such as a fallow field that might serve as a practice range I would be extremely grateful for permission to use this two or three times a week as it is unsafe to use the rifle in the garden of my current address.

In either circumstance I will, of course, do nothing to neither impede your business nor hold you responsible for any injury I might incurring during these activities on your property. I will also ensure that I leave the property in the same condition it was in upon my arrival, taking all equipment with me when I leave.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time, I do apologise to any anti-hunters I may have inadvertently offended with this letter, but rest assured I am doing my best to actively promote safe hunting and removal of pest species.

If you are interested in my services please write to me at the address above, call me on xxxxxxxxxxxx(home) xxxxxxxxxxx (mobile) or EMAIL me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thank you, I hope to hear from you soon