Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robsexysam View Post
    just for your info, as of 18th feb 2008, the JAY is no longer on the pest list,
    Always been a bit tricky this one, its long been regarded as an agricultural pest but not in the towns or cities so you had to be careful where you targeted it..i guess this ends the dilemma

Martin

great letter m8
    im sure many people have used this and many still will continue to use it with great success i will also be giving it a try after many years since i gave up shooting but now getting back in to it

cheers

andrew

Hi all,

I’m interested in knowing if anybody has actually got any reply’s and more interestingly achieved permission to shoot on land from just sending letters out like this one?

Cheers

Gav

Thumbs up Permission letters

Hi Gav,
    After looking at a lot of info on most sites i made a flyer using MS Publisher,
    and Posted it to 4 Small holders/Land owners and Farmers,
    a few days later i got a phone call while walking through town,
    a nice gent introduced himself and asked if i would like to drop in to talk about pest and vermin control i could not believe it
    so i contained myself and spoke to him and agreed then we made an apointment to meet,
    2 days later i was sat in a very nice big house drinking coffee and speaking to Mr & Mrs Dixon about what i had to offer them in the pest and vermin control stakes, they then agreed to me taking up the appointment and i've never looked back Loads of Rabbits, Woodies, corvids etc,
    their land is on the edge of a golf coarse which i also have rights on and also the neighbours on the other side of the Dixons,
    The Mr & Mrs Dixon are very large Share holders of Yates wine lodges and have been for decades,(He's a retired Solicitor)
    i then had 2 other calls from Farmers-near Leyland Lancs and i now look after their property too,
    So-
    So long as you get you're letters/Flyers right and go to meet the Land owners/Farmers like you are going to an interview and conduct yourself accordingly then there should be no problem,
    IMO they Do work, some of the Land owners/farmers don't trust people and it is very hard to convince them-But you've got to try your hardest to let them know you are not just messing about and you Know what you are doing/talking about,
    Be Calm and Polite at All times,
    Worked for me
    Very best regards,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Waiting

Starting with farms closest to my house i posted six letters and four to livery yards and stables not heard anything
    more letters bigger radius and hope

Smile My permission letters

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    Starting with farms closest to my house i posted six letters and four to livery yards and stables not heard anything
    more letters bigger radius and hope
    I Wish you the very best of Luck bobbyb
    Just keep trying hard and if you don't hear owt in a month re-deliver to the same ones again for the last time-
    you never know they might have misplaced it and lost your number
    Don't let it get you down if you don't hear from anyone Keep the faith
    IT WILL HAPPEN SOON
    atb,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by leswhinn View Post
    I Wish you the very best of Luck bobbyb
    Just keep trying hard and if you don't hear owt in a month re-deliver to the same ones again for the last time-
    you never know they might have misplaced it and lost your number
    Don't let it get you down if you don't hear from anyone Keep the faith
    IT WILL HAPPEN SOON
    atb,
    Les
    you wishing me luck Les worked,the postman brought a positive response from one of the largest land owners in the area early days but aleast a reply..
    so maybe an edited ask for permission letter does work
    THANKS LES
    Last edited by bobbyb; 29-11-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: to include a thank you