Hi Gav,
After looking at a lot of info on most sites i made a flyer using MS Publisher,
and Posted it to 4 Small holders/Land owners and Farmers,
a few days later i got a phone call while walking through town,
a nice gent introduced himself and asked if i would like to drop in to talk about pest and vermin control i could not believe it
so i contained myself and spoke to him and agreed then we made an apointment to meet,
2 days later i was sat in a very nice big house drinking coffee and speaking to Mr & Mrs Dixon about what i had to offer them in the pest and vermin control stakes, they then agreed to me taking up the appointment and i've never looked back Loads of Rabbits, Woodies, corvids etc,
their land is on the edge of a golf coarse which i also have rights on and also the neighbours on the other side of the Dixons,
The Mr & Mrs Dixon are very large Share holders of Yates wine lodges and have been for decades,(He's a retired Solicitor)
i then had 2 other calls from Farmers-near Leyland Lancs and i now look after their property too,
So-
So long as you get you're letters/Flyers right and go to meet the Land owners/Farmers like you are going to an interview and conduct yourself accordingly then there should be no problem,
IMO they Do work, some of the Land owners/farmers don't trust people and it is very hard to convince them-But you've got to try your hardest to let them know you are not just messing about and you Know what you are doing/talking about,
Be Calm and Polite at All times,
Worked for me
Very best regards,
Les