Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Excellent letter but; the disclaimer on the permission contract need to be specific about who it indemnifies (landowner or tenant, farm workers employed by them etc.)

Otherwise you are basicly indemnifing your own accident and injury insurance that probably comes with the air-rifle shooters association (I know my BASC insurance covers it.) Which would be a bind if u slipped and broke something major while out doing vermin control; you are stopping yourself claiming against your own insurance which can be a great help if the injury incapacitates you for several months and you can't work.

Also if you were injured as a result of some anti who has tresspassed onto the land to try and disrupt legal pest control then; neither the landowner or yourself would want you to sign away the right to sue the trespassing anti who has commited a criminal offence (aggrivated tresspass) from the moment he stepped onto the land with the intent to stop you shooting.

If a trespassing-anti assualted or otherwise caused me to become injured during my duties when I used to do pest-control; I would certainly want to get compensation for the bodily harm they may have inflicted on me.

Just my thoughts thats all.

mr_colt

P.S: Have you checked the "Airgun shooter assocation" will cover you for public liability while using firearms and shot guns?
    Last edited by mr_colt; 30-01-2008 at 04:57 AM.

These permission letters seem all well and good, but I'm afraid I know what my farmer would say if I presented him with a load of official looking documents to read and sign - it'd be something along the lines of "you've got to be **********ing joking!" followed by "you'd better look elsewhere for somewhere to shoot". If I also started telling my farmer about all the various types of pests and the damage they could cause, he'd be (rightly) insulted and tell me to p*ss off.

We have a very informal arrangement:

We've checked each other out face to face.
    He's seen my insurance.
    We have each other's phone numbers (including my mobile)
    I phone before I go onto his land (so that he knows I'm there and not some trespasser he has to worry about)
    I stay out of any fields he's working in.

We certainly haven't signed any agreements, waivers, disclaimers or other made-up legal sounding documents (has anyone actually had a lawyer cast his eye over one of these 'permission' letters - would they have any legal weight?).

It's an entirely different case if you are working in a professional capacity, but for us unpaid hobbyists, I'd think carefully before you alienate a hard won land owner with too much officialdom and 'teaching him to suck eggs'.

Just my humble opinion

Matt

Dan D Guest
    Thanks Jackal

I have been in the process of putting some letters together & none sound quite as good as yours... Infact they're rubbish.

Time to get copy & pasting.

Thanks mate.

Dan

I Thank You Sir

Ferndown, where rabbits taste like chicken.

Too complicated?

Just wondering if my popular Shooting Permission Slips are too complicated and a simpler version was needed?

Happy Shooting
    James
    It's not what you shoot - it's the way that you shoot it.
    All the rage - Shooting Permission Slips

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by treeson View Post
    Just wondering if my popular Shooting Permission Slips are too complicated and a simpler version was needed?

Happy Shooting
    James
    No Idea on that score bud I Put these up ages ago due to getting about 30 pm's a day asking for them

Its just a stock letter like yours(which is very good btw) for people to chop and change as they see fit
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Shooting Permission

They both are very helpful treeson Shooting Permission Slips are great and easy to carry about in your back packet, and have all the relevant info on the slip. The Jackel permission letter is all good as it is getting harder to get shooting permission and any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards

Friday
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Thumbs up Thankyou

Nice sound letter.BASC addition is a good idea I believe we may soon have to do "Risk Assessments" to cover our shooting ground????
    Stay happy and keep Shooting.
    The Chair

Talking

Thats fantastic! I think you have just saved me atleast two hours writing these. And I think there a bit better than the ones I could have cobbled together. Interestingly enough my last peice of shooting came about after puting a free pest control service on freecycle. I had a reply within a couple of hours from a nice lady who had a rabbit problem in her paddock.

Great Stuff

Great stuff, thanks for posting these. I think the mention of BASC membership and insurance is important.

Anyone in the Reading/West Berks area need another hand to help with pest control shooting? I'm new to the area. Have Gun, Will Travel.

Leaseholder?

Can the leaseholder alone grant permission for shooting? Or does the owner of the land have to assent as well?

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gustav View Post
    Can the leaseholder alone grant permission for shooting? Or does the owner of the land have to assent as well?
    I believe the lease holder also has the right to grant permission,but always best to check
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

just for your info, as of 18th feb 2008, the JAY is no longer on the pest list,

Quote Originally Posted by robsexysam View Post
    just for your info, as of 18th feb 2008, the JAY is no longer on the pest list,
    Always been a bit tricky this one, its long been regarded as an agricultural pest but not in the towns or cities so you had to be careful where you targeted it..i guess this ends the dilemma

Martin

Worth too designing and distributing your own "business" card: here's mine I use, just fill in the appropriate bits:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...5/template.jpg
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune