Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Question Hi mate.

Hi ade do you think would be some help to you?

Regards
    Rich.
    VENOM HW 80 WITH A CS800 CUSTOM STOCK. MTC MAMBA 3-12 X 44.
    THEOBEN MFR WITH A CS800 CUSTOM STOCK. MTC MAMBA 4-16 X 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    FREE PEST CONTROL

Dear Sir/ Madam
    Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is XXXX XXXXX, I am a XX years old air gun hunter living in the xxxxxx area. I am writing to you concerning any pest control problems you may have on your farm and farm buildings.

There are many species of pests including:

Feral Pigeons: In areas close to towns they may use nearby farm buildings and lofts for a night-time roost. Ferals carry lice and their excrement is both toxic and disease ridden including tuberculosis, encephalitis, lyme's disease (pigeon fanciers lung) paratyphoid, ornithosis, toxoplasmosis, and a type of flu. All these diseases are potently fatal they also cause untold crop damage.

Rats consume and contaminate feed as well as chew through electric cables and nest in the walls of buildings, silos and water tanks. They also carry a pretty nasty disease called Weil's disease which is life threatening.

Crows and magpies: These animals carry lice and a host of other parasites, they damage the nests of songbirds, by raiding the nests and eating the eggs. Crows have also been known to attack newborn lambs.

Rabbits can dig up your paddock causing holes which stock may injure themselves, they can also burrow under the footings of buildings causing them to be unstable. Rabbits have been known to consume considerable amounts of feed laid out for stocks in paddocks.

The above lists the more common species but there are also jays, jackdaws, rooks, collard dove, grey squirrel, magpies, mink,and foxes.

I am fully licensed and a responsible shooter, and an active member of the Cleveland gun club, I would be willing to sign a total disclaimer for any injury that I occur whilst on the property.

I shoot with a whisper-quiet air rifle, but I also have the option of using an rimfire rifle, or shotguns, that are all able to humanely dispatch these pests safely, and especially the fox.

I am a courteous, patient and intelligent person by nature, always willing to learn, and follow instructions to the letter. I ask nothing in return for my services other than a continuous right to hunt the property and a friendly wave as I come and go.

I will dispose of all pests off the property and any quality game such as rabbit or pigeon first offered the property owner.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time, I do apologise to any anti hunters I may have inadvertently sent this letter to, but rest assured I am doing my best to actively promote safe hunting and removal of pest species.

If you are interested in my services please write to me at the address above, call me on xxxxxxxxxxx (home) xxxxxxxxxxx (mobile) or EMAIL me at xxxxxxxxxxxx thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

Pest removal disclaimer

This document is to certify that ____________,of ________________, has been given permission by the
    owners of __________________________ to hunt on their property for pest species such as
    ______________________________________________.

All hunting will be carried out with a _______________________________________

And all care taken to ensure safe shooting practices whether in open countryside or around buildings and structures.

All hunting will take place between the hours of ______________, and __________on days deemed appropriate by the owners, with a "double check " phone call made the night before any proposed hunt.

All pest species eradicated will be removed and disposed off of the property by the hunter and regular reports on pest removal success forwarded to the owners.

No payment is asked for in return for these services. However a signature on the following disclaimer would be appreciated to cover both parties in the event of damage to property, injury, or death.

I, XXXX XXXXX, having been given permission to hunt _______________________, do hereby renounce and
    relinquish any claim to my personal injury; my death and whilst on the property for the purpose of pest
    removal.

Signed: ____________________ date_________________

I, _______________________________________, having given XXXX XXXXX permission to hunt___________________________ accept all terms and conditions of this disclaimer and agreements entered
    into forthwith.

Signed: ____________________ Date__________________

Dear Course Manager

It may be of interest to you that my father and I offer a free pest control service to golf clubs and to farmers, helping to remove vermin (rats, crows,magpies, rabbits, etc) discretely and quietly as not to offend, usually using standard air rifles, however,we are both shotgun certificate holders. I also hold
    a firearms certificate for rimfire rifles. We are both members of the air rifle shooters association
    with a personal liability of two million pounds.

If you were to use our services all that we would require from you is written approval stating that we have authority to shoot on your land.

I hope that you will give this letter consideration and remind you that a rabbit problem is a costly one if left unchecked.

Please feel free to contact me on my E-mail address, which is xxxxxxxxxxxxx or on the above phone
    numbers.

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Yours faithfully

Tel xxxxxxxx
    Mobile xxxxxxxx
    E-mail xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir
    I am writing to you with regarding vermin shooting rights in the Cleveland area. I know that most estates have their own shooting syndicates that control the vermin. If possible could send me details or a map of
    your boundary's so as not to approach your tenants?

Yours thankfully

The first one I normally send to farmers, 2nd one is a disclaimer, 3rd one I send to golf courses and the 4th one I send to shooting estates or landowners

Just chop and change these as you see fit as a template

Sorry about the text just cut and pasted from my email folder(now altered)
    I've corrected some spelling errors and punctuation, Carl.
    I'm a bit anal like that; I think the first letter you send the landowners ought to be 100% correct so that it reflects you as a person.

Cheers, mate.
    Last edited by snock; 20-06-2008 at 08:21 AM.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Thanks for these Jackel, I used the one for farmers yesterday and everything is now legit on my new permission...

Excellent stuff...

Another pedant!

At risk of a flaming, the final letter also needs the sentence changed slightly:
    " If possible could send me details or a map of
    your boundaries, so as not to approach your tenants?"

Ferndown, where rabbits taste like chicken.

Too complicated?

Just wondering if my popular Shooting Permission Slips are too complicated and a simpler version was needed?

Happy Shooting
    James
    It's not what you shoot - it's the way that you shoot it.
    All the rage - Shooting Permission Slips

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by treeson View Post
    Just wondering if my popular Shooting Permission Slips are too complicated and a simpler version was needed?

Happy Shooting
    James
    No Idea on that score bud I Put these up ages ago due to getting about 30 pm's a day asking for them

Its just a stock letter like yours(which is very good btw) for people to chop and change as they see fit
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Shooting Permission

They both are very helpful treeson Shooting Permission Slips are great and easy to carry about in your back packet, and have all the relevant info on the slip. The Jackel permission letter is all good as it is getting harder to get shooting permission and any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Regards

Friday
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Thumbs up Thankyou

Nice sound letter.BASC addition is a good idea I believe we may soon have to do "Risk Assessments" to cover our shooting ground????
    Stay happy and keep Shooting.
    The Chair

Talking

Thats fantastic! I think you have just saved me atleast two hours writing these. And I think there a bit better than the ones I could have cobbled together. Interestingly enough my last peice of shooting came about after puting a free pest control service on freecycle. I had a reply within a couple of hours from a nice lady who had a rabbit problem in her paddock.

Great Stuff

Great stuff, thanks for posting these. I think the mention of BASC membership and insurance is important.

Anyone in the Reading/West Berks area need another hand to help with pest control shooting? I'm new to the area. Have Gun, Will Travel.

Leaseholder?

Can the leaseholder alone grant permission for shooting? Or does the owner of the land have to assent as well?

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gustav View Post
    Can the leaseholder alone grant permission for shooting? Or does the owner of the land have to assent as well?
    I believe the lease holder also has the right to grant permission,but always best to check
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

just for your info, as of 18th feb 2008, the JAY is no longer on the pest list,

Quote Originally Posted by robsexysam View Post
    just for your info, as of 18th feb 2008, the JAY is no longer on the pest list,
    Always been a bit tricky this one, its long been regarded as an agricultural pest but not in the towns or cities so you had to be careful where you targeted it..i guess this ends the dilemma

Martin

great letter m8
    im sure many people have used this and many still will continue to use it with great success i will also be giving it a try after many years since i gave up shooting but now getting back in to it

cheers

andrew