Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Permission Granted

Jackel,

I would like to thank you for your assistance with the letter; I used an edited version and sent them off.

I have just received a reply granting me permission to shoot on a local golf course.

Surprising what you get when you ask !!

Best regards

Wildkarde

used to be a wedding shooter..

Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.

I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks

Something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.
    I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks
    Hi Kaya,
    You Do get something in return
    You get All you Shoot to take home and eat, give to others or sell to butchers
    You get permission to go on land beloning to others free of charge to do your shooting without being bothered by others and all the enjoyment from this,
    you also need Insurance incase of any damage/injury to protect you, the public and the farmer/land owner,
    if you try charging you will have to declare it as an extra income,
    Permissions will be few and far between but someone may pay you-Who knows?
    this is just a quick answer but i'm sure someone else will let you know more,
    atb,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Talking

saved loads of time a few mods to the original to suit me and off out hunting i go

letter

very good letter helped me get my permission.thanks

What a great thread im new to the sport but fly hawks at rabbit also im going to try the letters to the farmers changed a little bit and see how i get on. many thanks to all the people on here ive just been presenting myself at farms and getting knock backs this way at least i wont waste all my time driving around.

thanks

murph

very good letter ill see if it can help me get permission.thanks

Very interesting letter ,hope you don't mind me using bits from it

Smile Very useful letters thanks

Thanks very much for these sample letters they could prove very useful!

Im gonna use these bad boys! thanks for posting

letters

awsome letters mate.

Thanks

Thanks, very helpful, will be using a modified copy of this letter in my local area soon.

Thanks

I am sure they Will come in use and be very helpfull...

Smile

Just about to post 31 of these. There's a couple of different bits in there. Fingers crossed
    Another idea ..... don't know if it would look more professional/organised. You can go on the Royal Mail site and print your envelopes with a stamp, an address and your own logo. Maybe something to think about if the first batch gets no results.

Name
    Address
    Tel
    Mob
    Email

Dear sir/madam,

I'm a responsible airgun shooter looking for a permission to shoot over. I'm 60 years old and getting back into the sport after some years away.

I'm a paid up and fully insured member of BASC which carries a public liability of £10,000.000.

I would have no objection to a police or any other check.

If you have a pest problem from rats to rabbits I would be more than happy to keep them in check for you. I know some pests are a priority at certain times of the year and I would work on seasonal problems as you wish. If your pest problem is sizeable I can get help if need be. I would add Foxes to the list if need be but need a sizeable permission to apply for a firearms or shotgun certificate.

I would of course shoot only at the times and places designated by you including hours of darkness.
    Be assured I would respect your family's privacy at all times, entering and leaving only by your designated access points.

I have more than my fair share of common sense and I would hope that my eyes around your property would be helpful, especially at unsocial hours and it goes without saying that I would alert you immediately should I find anything untoward going on or gates or fences down or livestock in trouble etc.

I'm a handy sort of chap and if I'm around would welcome a shout to give you a hand at any time should you need it. I'm a firm believer in if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Of course, if you're partial to rabbit I'll gladly share the spoils with you.

You will of course be absolved from any liability for any accident to me or anyone shooting with me whilst on your property.

If you are already catered for in the rabbit and pigeon department, maybe I could be of use in the farm buildings? Air rifles are so much more building friendly than shotguns.

If you have no use for me at all but know someone who does, I would be hugely grateful if you would pass this letter on.

If you feel inclined to grant permission, please get back to me and I'll come for a personal visit at your convenience.

Kind regards

name

Thanks for posting these letters, I'm going to give them a go and see how I get on. I used to have permission on a farm many years ago, but it has now changed hands and I'm desperate to find somewhere to shoot again!!