Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For a long time I had the job (see under self-inflicted injury) of finding land for off-road club competition so I know how hard it is though we did pay quite well. A well-written letter such as these can be read at a time to suit the recipient and receive more consideration as a consequence. Whenever I visited potential premises I'd take some hacksaw blades ( British made seconds, usually. Always scrounged from a scrapyard ) and when the landowner accompanied me to my car, ask if he'd got a hacksaw. Of course they always had, so I'd ask if they could make use of these, proferring a handful of blades, warning them that they were of variable quality. That way I left them with a smile on their faces and a reminder of what a nice ( if devious ) chap I am.

I know it's expense but why not enclose an SAE or postcard. They're always appreciated and subliminally say that you're not taking the recipient for granted.

Good luck to you all, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Excelent templates, i will be giving some of these a try!

thanks

very useful. saves me the job of doing one.

Thumbs up Permission Letter

Thats a well thought out letter. Did it work, did you get any replies?

Disclaimer???

Sorry about this, just back from the pub.
    What is meant by the signing of a disclaimer for injury, or have I missed the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed51 View Post
    Sorry about this, just back from the pub.
    What is meant by the signing of a disclaimer for injury, or have I missed the point?
    Basically, if you or anyone in your party gets injured you won't hold the landowner responsible.

Silver Captain Guest
    Thanks guys for the advice and examples of permission letters, looking forward to trying them out.
    Gary

Farmers Don't have time to read and sign things

I know writing a very nice and official letter is how everything works normally but farmers don't have time for all that stuff. In blighty you drive into a farm, find the head honcho and say that your willing to help with any pest control and he'll say Yay or Nay, simples. Farmers know how they run a farm and what every animal does (good or bad) so putting that in a letter won't help either. Just do a face to face, so much easier and they feel they can trust you more because they can size you up. Just advice from experience.

permission letters

Better to offer your services to the farmer who's land you are after shooting rights on, offer to do some un paid work at harvest time or help with the feeding of the live stock, letters tend to be a bit cold and they tend to just sling them in the bin, after all would you give shooting rights to someone just based on a letter? good letter template but you cant beat the personal touch in the end...to be honnest Shotgun clubs bugger it up for the Air rifle user.

Thats

Just a wee note to say thanks for sharing your letter templates.

Cheers

Thanks for this, getting ready to start knocking for permissions but cant hurt to send off a few letters a bit further afield.

Thanks for the run through . Handy stuff to know .
    Cheers . Clump .

Thanks for lettters been helpful

letter

thats a pretty comprehensive letter i will be copying for future use

stan

will be looking forward to using them for pest controll down near where I live. Much appreciated.

Thanks