Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Hi all,

I’m interested in knowing if anybody has actually got any reply’s and more interestingly achieved permission to shoot on land from just sending letters out like this one?

Cheers

Gav

Thumbs up Permission letters

Hi Gav,
    After looking at a lot of info on most sites i made a flyer using MS Publisher,
    and Posted it to 4 Small holders/Land owners and Farmers,
    a few days later i got a phone call while walking through town,
    a nice gent introduced himself and asked if i would like to drop in to talk about pest and vermin control i could not believe it
    so i contained myself and spoke to him and agreed then we made an apointment to meet,
    2 days later i was sat in a very nice big house drinking coffee and speaking to Mr & Mrs Dixon about what i had to offer them in the pest and vermin control stakes, they then agreed to me taking up the appointment and i've never looked back Loads of Rabbits, Woodies, corvids etc,
    their land is on the edge of a golf coarse which i also have rights on and also the neighbours on the other side of the Dixons,
    The Mr & Mrs Dixon are very large Share holders of Yates wine lodges and have been for decades,(He's a retired Solicitor)
    i then had 2 other calls from Farmers-near Leyland Lancs and i now look after their property too,
    So-
    So long as you get you're letters/Flyers right and go to meet the Land owners/Farmers like you are going to an interview and conduct yourself accordingly then there should be no problem,
    IMO they Do work, some of the Land owners/farmers don't trust people and it is very hard to convince them-But you've got to try your hardest to let them know you are not just messing about and you Know what you are doing/talking about,
    Be Calm and Polite at All times,
    Worked for me
    Very best regards,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Waiting

Starting with farms closest to my house i posted six letters and four to livery yards and stables not heard anything
    more letters bigger radius and hope

Smile My permission letters

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    Starting with farms closest to my house i posted six letters and four to livery yards and stables not heard anything
    more letters bigger radius and hope
    I Wish you the very best of Luck bobbyb
    Just keep trying hard and if you don't hear owt in a month re-deliver to the same ones again for the last time-
    you never know they might have misplaced it and lost your number
    Don't let it get you down if you don't hear from anyone Keep the faith
    IT WILL HAPPEN SOON
    atb,
    Les
    Rapid mk2 in 22cal, Oiled Walnut CS700 Thumbhole Stock, Scalloped Block, MK4 Trigger, Quick Fill,Fast Flowed 400cc Btl, 16" Barrel, Reflex AWT Silencer MFR .177 Hawke Vamint 2.5-10x44 - Needs 2nd Magazine Yet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by leswhinn View Post
    I Wish you the very best of Luck bobbyb
    Just keep trying hard and if you don't hear owt in a month re-deliver to the same ones again for the last time-
    you never know they might have misplaced it and lost your number
    Don't let it get you down if you don't hear from anyone Keep the faith
    IT WILL HAPPEN SOON
    atb,
    Les
    you wishing me luck Les worked,the postman brought a positive response from one of the largest land owners in the area early days but aleast a reply..
    so maybe an edited ask for permission letter does work
    THANKS LES
    Last edited by bobbyb; 29-11-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: to include a thank you

Thumbs up

That’s Brilliant
    Don’t keep them waiting long to hear from you –
    Make an appointment to meet them and discuss what is expected from you and what you can offer them in return,
    Make sure you can answer All the question they throw at you - read up on Pest and Vermin and the damage they cause- take with you 2 permission forms –
    A copy for them to sign and date and 0ne for you to sign and date in case you are ever stopped by the police,
    You will also have to take your BASA or BASC insurance and make sure you show it to them,
    If you are shooting Corvids download and print off the licences to shoot them,
    Just make sure you have every angle covered and everything will be OK for you
    I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you m8 - Very best of luck again
    Kindest Regards,
    Les
    Forgot to add-i also pointed out that i would report back any broken fences/Damage to the farmer/land owners property
    and offer to repair any i came across and if any help around the property was needed i would be very willing to assist,
    I would also be a Deterrent to Trespassers and unauthorised shooters, in other words act as a form of security
    i think this is another thing you can offer them for allowing you to have the Freedom of their land-TIT FOR TAT
    Last edited by leswhinn; 29-11-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot something

Thanks

Thanks Les and good advice for anyone starting out

execellent mate, thanks alot
    Last edited by connorward46; 29-01-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Worth too designing and distributing your own "business" card: here's mine I use, just fill in the appropriate bits:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...5/template.jpg
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Permission Granted

Jackel,

I would like to thank you for your assistance with the letter; I used an edited version and sent them off.

I have just received a reply granting me permission to shoot on a local golf course.

Surprising what you get when you ask !!

Best regards

Wildkarde

used to be a wedding shooter..

Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.

I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks

Something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Hi all,

These are really useful cheers great forum btw way..

is it normal to offer services for free? i know i need permission slips to satify the law / questions fair enough, i also am happy to get a few rabbits and woodys for the pot. But if i'm providing a pest control service i'd expect somthing in return.
    I used to shoot wedding (photography) then people starting shootong them for less then 500 quid and even for free - it near crippled the industry sector. Wouldn't it be better to charge per pelt as it were? or is there more hassle and laws to contend with?

Great thread - learned a lot thanks
    Hi Kaya,
    You Do get something in return
    You get All you Shoot to take home and eat, give to others or sell to butchers
    You get permission to go on land beloning to others free of charge to do your shooting without being bothered by others and all the enjoyment from this,
    you also need Insurance incase of any damage/injury to protect you, the public and the farmer/land owner,
    if you try charging you will have to declare it as an extra income,
    Permissions will be few and far between but someone may pay you-Who knows?
    this is just a quick answer but i'm sure someone else will let you know more,
    atb,
    Les

Hi Les,

Fair play, i'm not disagreeing with the system, just wondered how it all added up. I thought there be a few valid reasons, it's just that personally i'd just use a straight permissions slip. i wouldn't want to offer "pest control" per se - i'd probablly just end up shooting cockroaches (although nice fried with a dab of brandy butter i believe!!) i'd rather choose my quarry lol

Oblivious if someone was kind enough to let one there land and they asked me for a hand with some rats / squirrels etc i'd gladly oblige.

I posted 6 copies of this letter off yesterday evening. Just local farms for now so I will see if I get any replies. If not, I shall have to widen my search!

Thanks for the template Jackel.

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    I posted this on another section, but I will say it again here,

Thanks Carl (Jackel). Your shooting permission letter secured me a shoot a few weeks ago.

I actually emailed a copy to the estate manager The wonders of modern technology eh!
    I plink, therefore I am.