Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My permission letters

Smile

Just about to post 31 of these. There's a couple of different bits in there. Fingers crossed
    Another idea ..... don't know if it would look more professional/organised. You can go on the Royal Mail site and print your envelopes with a stamp, an address and your own logo. Maybe something to think about if the first batch gets no results.

Name
    Address
    Tel
    Mob
    Email

Dear sir/madam,

I'm a responsible airgun shooter looking for a permission to shoot over. I'm 60 years old and getting back into the sport after some years away.

I'm a paid up and fully insured member of BASC which carries a public liability of £10,000.000.

I would have no objection to a police or any other check.

If you have a pest problem from rats to rabbits I would be more than happy to keep them in check for you. I know some pests are a priority at certain times of the year and I would work on seasonal problems as you wish. If your pest problem is sizeable I can get help if need be. I would add Foxes to the list if need be but need a sizeable permission to apply for a firearms or shotgun certificate.

I would of course shoot only at the times and places designated by you including hours of darkness.
    Be assured I would respect your family's privacy at all times, entering and leaving only by your designated access points.

I have more than my fair share of common sense and I would hope that my eyes around your property would be helpful, especially at unsocial hours and it goes without saying that I would alert you immediately should I find anything untoward going on or gates or fences down or livestock in trouble etc.

I'm a handy sort of chap and if I'm around would welcome a shout to give you a hand at any time should you need it. I'm a firm believer in if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Of course, if you're partial to rabbit I'll gladly share the spoils with you.

You will of course be absolved from any liability for any accident to me or anyone shooting with me whilst on your property.

If you are already catered for in the rabbit and pigeon department, maybe I could be of use in the farm buildings? Air rifles are so much more building friendly than shotguns.

If you have no use for me at all but know someone who does, I would be hugely grateful if you would pass this letter on.

If you feel inclined to grant permission, please get back to me and I'll come for a personal visit at your convenience.

Kind regards

name

Thanks for posting these letters, I'm going to give them a go and see how I get on. I used to have permission on a farm many years ago, but it has now changed hands and I'm desperate to find somewhere to shoot again!!

An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?

Nice letter toxo, simple but to the point. Might just use it myself

Quote Originally Posted by martincocks View Post
    Nice letter toxo, simple but to the point. Might just use it myself
    Thanks mate!
    In the words of one Goon to another Goon after saying "Take out your wallet and repeat after me"

"Help yourself"

Some great letters here, I can't wait to try some of these out!

Quote Originally Posted by toxo View Post
    An update.

Of the 31 letters posted, I have received 4 replies all saying "thanks but no thanks, have it covered already". They all say they will pass the letter on or let me know if the situation changes so "nil desperandum" just yet.
    On a slightly upward note, one of the 4 replies wasn't on my list so someone must've passed it on already. Who knows, I might get 10 "yes's" next week

I've been giving this some thought and here's a couple of em.

If it really is this difficult to get a permission there must be a reason. Farmers and landowners are generally smart people and with all the references and insurances in the world, at the end of the day they know we just want a bit of their world to do our thing on.
    I'm thinking maybe, just maybe (I stand to be corrected on this) beefing up the anti might help. I'm thinking small syndicates here. United we stand and all that. A small syndicate would look more proficient on headed notepaper and would BE more efficient at pest control simply by virtue of more bods and pooled resources. For example, if just one member has a shotgun or FAC, you can offer Fox control, without it you can't. If one or more members already has a decent sized permission, there's the possibility to get a FAC or one or two more FAC's and so the syndicate will grow. If a farmer has a big pigeon problem NOW, imagine how much more attractive it would be to offer five shooters to tackle the problem. Same with rats, rabbits etc.

Just a couple of thoughts. Anyone interested in the Medway/Maidstone area?
    I'd be well up for this, shame you aren't manchester way

thanks

very useful. saves me the job of doing one.

Thumbs up Permission Letter

Thats a well thought out letter. Did it work, did you get any replies?

thanks for letter

i wrote out a consent letter which didn't sound as legal as yours showed the farmer my driving licence promised to always carry it promised i wouldn't sue if i had an accident and he gave me permission went on a recce and seen partridge, buzzards rabbits and rats i know partridge & buzzards are a no no but nice to see when you come from a Gray city like Liverpool only used to seeing rats & foxes already copying thanks ! gasguzzler

Free pest control reply

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    FREE PEST CONTROL

Dear Sir/ Madam
    Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is XXXX XXXXX, I am a XX years old air gun hunter living in the xxxxxx area. I am writing to you concerning any pest control problems you may have on your farm and farm buildings.

There are many species of pests including:

Feral Pigeons: In areas close to towns they may use nearby farm buildings and lofts for a night-time roost. Ferals carry lice and their excrement is both toxic and disease ridden including tuberculosis, encephalitis, lyme's disease (pigeon fanciers lung) paratyphoid, ornithosis, toxoplasmosis, and a type of flu. All these diseases are potently fatal they also cause untold crop damage.

Rats consume and contaminate feed as well as chew through electric cables and nest in the walls of buildings, silos and water tanks. They also carry a pretty nasty disease called Weil's disease which is life threatening.

Crows and magpies: These animals carry lice and a host of other parasites, they damage the nests of songbirds, by raiding the nests and eating the eggs. Crows have also been known to attack newborn lambs.

Rabbits can dig up your paddock causing holes which stock may injure themselves, they can also burrow under the footings of buildings causing them to be unstable. Rabbits have been known to consume considerable amounts of feed laid out for stocks in paddocks.

The above lists the more common species but there are also jays, jackdaws, rooks, collard dove, grey squirrel, magpies, mink,and foxes.

I am fully licensed and a responsible shooter, and an active member of the Cleveland gun club, I would be willing to sign a total disclaimer for any injury that I occur whilst on the property.

I shoot with a whisper-quiet air rifle, but I also have the option of using an rimfire rifle, or shotguns, that are all able to humanely dispatch these pests safely, and especially the fox.

I am a courteous, patient and intelligent person by nature, always willing to learn, and follow instructions to the letter. I ask nothing in return for my services other than a continuous right to hunt the property and a friendly wave as I come and go.

I will dispose of all pests off the property and any quality game such as rabbit or pigeon first offered the property owner.

Thank you for giving me a little of your time, I do apologise to any anti hunters I may have inadvertently sent this letter to, but rest assured I am doing my best to actively promote safe hunting and removal of pest species.

If you are interested in my services please write to me at the address above, call me on xxxxxxxxxxx (home) xxxxxxxxxxx (mobile) or EMAIL me at xxxxxxxxxxxx thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

Pest removal disclaimer

This document is to certify that ____________,of ________________, has been given permission by the
    owners of __________________________ to hunt on their property for pest species such as
    ______________________________________________.

All hunting will be carried out with a _______________________________________

And all care taken to ensure safe shooting practices whether in open countryside or around buildings and structures.

All hunting will take place between the hours of ______________, and __________on days deemed appropriate by the owners, with a "double check " phone call made the night before any proposed hunt.

All pest species eradicated will be removed and disposed off of the property by the hunter and regular reports on pest removal success forwarded to the owners.

No payment is asked for in return for these services. However a signature on the following disclaimer would be appreciated to cover both parties in the event of damage to property, injury, or death.

I, XXXX XXXXX, having been given permission to hunt _______________________, do hereby renounce and
    relinquish any claim to my personal injury; my death and whilst on the property for the purpose of pest
    removal.

Signed: ____________________ date_________________

I, _______________________________________, having given XXXX XXXXX permission to hunt___________________________ accept all terms and conditions of this disclaimer and agreements entered
    into forthwith.

Signed: ____________________ Date__________________

Dear Course Manager

It may be of interest to you that my father and I offer a free pest control service to golf clubs and to farmers, helping to remove vermin (rats, crows,magpies, rabbits, etc) discretely and quietly as not to offend, usually using standard air rifles, however,we are both shotgun certificate holders. I also hold
    a firearms certificate for rimfire rifles. We are both members of the air rifle shooters association
    with a personal liability of two million pounds.

If you were to use our services all that we would require from you is written approval stating that we have authority to shoot on your land.

I hope that you will give this letter consideration and remind you that a rabbit problem is a costly one if left unchecked.

Please feel free to contact me on my E-mail address, which is xxxxxxxxxxxxx or on the above phone
    numbers.

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Yours faithfully

Tel xxxxxxxx
    Mobile xxxxxxxx
    E-mail xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir
    I am writing to you with regarding vermin shooting rights in the Cleveland area. I know that most estates have their own shooting syndicates that control the vermin. If possible could send me details or a map of
    your boundary's so as not to approach your tenants?

Yours thankfully

The first one I normally send to farmers, 2nd one is a disclaimer, 3rd one I send to golf courses and the 4th one I send to shooting estates or landowners

Just chop and change these as you see fit as a template

Sorry about the text just cut and pasted from my email folder(now altered)
    Hi Jackal
    last week came across these introducion letters and permissions of yours thought they're great and have adapted them to to suit me.
    Just one question; Did you have any replies from them ? yours sincerly rdug.

thanks

permission

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter121 View Post
    thanks
    just out of interest do you have to have insurance to shoot, if so who would i approach to get it

and if you dont mind me asking how successfull have your letters been in gaining permission

louie

Quote Originally Posted by just louie View Post
    just out of interest do you have to have insurance to shoot, if so who would i approach to get it

and if you dont mind me asking how successfull have your letters been in gaining permission

louie
    I didn't have any luck but it depends how many shooters in your area. Also you need to target someone other than the farmer cos he gets asked all the time. Try garden nurseries or golf courses or stables etc.
    Joining the BASC is a must. Shows you're responsible and carries all the insurance you need with the joining fee.

Disclaimer???

Sorry about this, just back from the pub.
    What is meant by the signing of a disclaimer for injury, or have I missed the point?