Thread: Which pump.

ROMPER STOMPER Guest

Which pump.

What pump would you recomend,the Logun,the Hills or the RWS.Do they all come with filters/moisture traps built in ect.Thanks.

Leegallagher Guest
    The one down the divers shop for filling up the bottles. If you can afford a bottle get one. I used a pump to start with, too much sweat, too much effort and a pain in the but, lying yer rifle down everytime to fill it.

Lee

ROMPER STOMPER Guest
    Thanks for the reply Mr Lee G,ive tried me mates pump on his old mans AAS400 and dident find it too much bother to be honest.Will get a bottle eventually but its going to have to be a pump for quite a while.

lionel Guest
    For non-FAC, I think the pump is the way to go - especially given the high shot capacity of most modern PCPs. People talk about the time taken to fill, but no way does it add up to longer than my fortnightly drive to the diving shop and back - not to mention time spent standing around admiring snorkels while I wait.

Once you've pumped up your rifle a couple of times and learned the knack of using your weight rather than muscle power - you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

I have a Hills pump by the way, which seems to work just fine - and only got a bottle for my FAC rifle because I don't fancy pumping sessions after every twenty shots.

Lionel

Saton Guest
    It turned out that the RWS Pump is by far the best.

ROMPER STOMPER Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saton:
    It turned out that the RWS Pump is by far the best.[/quote]Ive heard this too,but why is it better?

Will Roberts Guest
    I've got a RWS pump,(I also have bottles,but thought I could do with the excercise). My mate has a Hills.I've tried them both and find the RWS the easiest to pump.They both have the usual glass bead filters,but the Hills can have an extra filter fitted.

Will

lionel Guest
    Will - as far as I know the Hills pump doesn't have glass beads to attract moisture, just a kind of wad that filters out muck and water. I've read some good reviews of the RWS which I think is the rebadged FX pump and have been convinced by some of the posters on here that it probably is the better pump, although most Hills owners, including myself don't have any complaints.

Lionel

Potshots Guest
    I've got the hills pump and it seems pretty easy to me to pump up to 2500psi, I think bottles are for the old and infirm really, stick with the pump and get rid of your bump.
    Regards Jason

ROMPER STOMPER Guest
    Thanks for all the replys/advise lads.I shall most likely pick a pump up at the Midlands game fair if possible.