Thread: PMII Schmidt&Bender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blue...i'm sure i'm not the only FT shooter that found your replies a little patronising

In any form of Target shooting......if you can afford the best then use it, then if you miss its not down to dodgy optics or poor rangefinding.

Please don't belittle other shooting sports...it is called Airgun BBS after all, in fact IMHO there should be no mention of Rimmie/full bore/ shotties on this site at all.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Blue...i'm sure i'm not the only FT shooter that found your replies a little patronising

In any form of Target shooting......if you can afford the best then use it, then if you miss its not down to dodgy optics or poor rangefinding.

Please don't belittle other shooting sports...it is called Airgun BBS after all, in fact IMHO there should be no mention of Rimmie/full bore/ shotties on this site at all.
    Chris.

I was not intending on any form of underrating the FT scene at all.
    My issue was that in FT, I found that rangefinding actually became more difficult with very good optics. The best rangefinding scope I had was a Tasco 8-40 Custom shop that had shocking optics.
    The middle ground for me was a Burris 8-32 with good optics and good rangefinding, but I used the Tasco to calibrate the objective (before I had a laser RF)I used Leup and Burris that were designed for shorter range rangefinding. Also the use of spectacularly complex reticules made things more confusing for that application.
    When I first saw a Nightforce, I thought the optics were good, but the rangefinding was no better than the Burris.

I would still happily admit that I gave up FT as I was never that good at it (despite spending a fortune). That was due to the difficulty of it for me. I would never suggest that FT was a lesser sport or easier than any form of shooting I have been involved in (good scores elude me in running deer though)

Nice post Blue ....my apologies for sounding a little harsh
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

The PM2 is a great scope worth the extra over an over priced NXS.

Incidently the FT 50 mag is still in prototype stages but near to finalisation then production.
    In answer to this "What would the S&B do that the Burris/Leupold/Nightforce" Considering the first two are not available unless second hand, that only leaves the BR & NXS of which the S&B FT scope will be approx £95 cheaper!

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    I recently bought ALEMAN's PM II and I tried it at Ponte Air Rifle Club on tuesday, it will have a large sidewheel when it pops through my letterbox, but even with the standard 43 mm sidewheel it range finds extremely well. And the optics are absolutely superb. I'm using it for FT and if that upsets you 1,000 yard shooters tough. In bad light conditions I expect it to compare favourably with the best scopes currently used for FT.

Teresa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    I recently bought ALEMAN's PM II and I tried it at Ponte Air Rifle Club on tuesday, it will have a large sidewheel when it pops through my letterbox, but even with the standard 43 mm sidewheel it range finds extremely well. And the optics are absolutely superb. I'm using it for FT and if that upsets you 1,000 yard shooters tough. In bad light conditions I expect it to compare favourably with the best scopes currently used for FT.
    I've heard wonders of the optics, also that on 25x it has no blind spots, but what about the reticle? Isn't it a bit unyieldy for FT, with the wide spacings between the dots?

Teresa

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I've heard wonders of the optics, also that on 25x it has no blind spots, but what about the reticle? Isn't it a bit unyieldy for FT, with the wide spacings between the dots?

Teresa
    Nah, it's the same windage dots at all magnifications so if wound down to 20 mag it's fine enough for precise aiming. On 5 mag it focuses down to 7 yards, if the new 50 mag FT model is any better it will shoot the gun for you. I could actually see to hit a target at 25 yards at 3:49pm last night and I could see every hole. The optics are the best that I have ever seen and I've had almost everything.