Thread: lightstream vs bushnell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Arrow l vs b

did i mention i dont like the turrets,defo dont like them after zeroing today.give them loads ov clicks miss a click clickclick miss some clicks,loads ov clicks,poa hardly moved,on any other turret zeroed in 5 10 shots,any one else whos got one noticed this,or have i bought a lightstream copy made in turkey

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    did i mention i dont like the turrets,defo dont like them after zeroing today.give them loads ov clicks miss a click clickclick miss some clicks,loads ov clicks,poa hardly moved,on any other turret zeroed in 5 10 shots,any one else whos got one noticed this,or have i bought a lightstream copy made in turkey
    I had this - it turned out that the scope was not held tightly enough in the mounts. I am used to just pinching up mounts but was shown (and whinced whilst being shown) that the mounts needed to be tighter. I think it may be a product of a 25mm tube in 1" mounts combined with the smooth finish on the tube. Anyways after the mounts were tightened I have had no problems at all (for info: BKL single strap highs). The other symptom was not holding zero

Arrow l vs b

to be honest i never give that a thought,im the same just pinch them up tight,as for mounts im useing bkls double straps, have to check that,if the light stream was a person,i think it would ov had a breakdown by now,all the flak its getting

to be honest i never give that a thought,im the same just pinch them up tight,as for mounts im useing bkls double straps, have to check that,if the light stream was a person,i think it would ov had a breakdown by now,all the flak its getting

I nearly had one too - brand new Air Wolf, new mounts new scope. One of my worst ever HFT scores! Couldn't zero - chasing POI for weeks. Suspected everything - like you do - and nearly sent scope back for a check over. I decided to get the rifle checked first. Met up with David Snook who gave the rifle a quick once over. He put an allen key and the mounts and checked the tightness... tutted... did 'em all up tight. Went to his range. 5 shots and it was zeroed. It put 5 shots through the same hole at 40 yards (off a bench). I was gobsmacked, well pleased and slightly embarrassed. Since then I have shot 5 Bisley HFT league shoots with it and won 4 of them (scores 56, 59, 58, 60 and 60 - all ex. 60) Nowt wrong with that

Arrow l vs b

lol some time the tiniest details are overlooked,toop scores by the way,love the airwolf cant beat it,sold one recently 22,trying to make me mind up for another 177 brilliant gun

g.l.w is offline The north west's very own Hilda Ogden.
    toop scores by the way,,T rying to make me mind up for another 177 brilliant gun
    Perry you can NEVER EVER make your mind up!!!!!!! your new nick-name is Pawnbroker!!!!
    Air Arms HFT 500.... Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32

Smile Lightstream

I now have one of the lightsteam 4.5-14x44 FFP Ret.
    I must admit that it came with a rifle, and otherwise would not have bought one at the price.
    I did however import a Bushnell 4200 for HFT use and thought its light gathering properties dissapointing given the hype. However the real downer was that the mil dots were true at 12 mag as I remember, which I personally found unuseable for HFT. due to the depth of field reduction.
    Using the scope at 10x mag resulted in less finite aim points and bracketing difficulties.
    Having sold it I cannot now compare the optics side by side with the lightstream.
    I would agree with others about the turrets being very rough, although the adjustments seem to correct the POI at near enough to 1/8 MOA.
    The selling point for me, has to be that FFP mil dot reticle which equates to 10x mag.
    I have the scope on my HW100 bunny gun and can rely on the aim points remaining true as I need to increase the magnification for longer shots.
    I would say that the FFP ret would have a purpose to the HFT shooter, being that the subtensions remain the same at your chosen mag. The advantage being that the mag can be reduced slightly,(I find 8x a good choice), helping out with short range clarity.
    Exactly contrary to the Bushnell in this respect.
    I do like the locking eyebell, no chance of this one shifting.
    I have yet to suffer from the scope fogging up, but then again I have yet to use it in really cold wet conditions.
    Overall I think its a good hunting scope, but as others have said, rather overpriced, and feel happier, knowing that I didn't buy mine new.
    As for HFT I'm sticking with my Leupold Mk4 MRT with IR TMR ret.
    (1/2 mil subtensions at 9x mag).
    I would be interested to hear any comments on the optics of the Falcon Tactical 10x42 with MP20 ret.
    Last edited by BOB APPLEYARD; 20-10-2006 at 05:56 PM.