Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lightstream vs bushnell

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The lightstream looks suspiciously like the old Weaver Tactical that was around a few years ago. Are there plans for a 3-9 x 40 in the pipeline
    From what I remember these were very, very good scopes, but flippin' heavy.

I've just remembered I know someone with a Tactical.
    I have compared both scopes side by side at Wendover (I have a Weaver Tactical 4.5-14x44 and another club member has a Lightstream). These scopes look identical externally (tube, turrets, etc.) looking through them, the reticules are different, otherwise it looks the same scope (the coatings on lenses might be slightly different as well, but I didn’t have enough time to do a proper comparison), also with the Weaver you get screw in caps and sunshade. I like both...

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Arrow l vs b

did i mention i dont like the turrets,defo dont like them after zeroing today.give them loads ov clicks miss a click clickclick miss some clicks,loads ov clicks,poa hardly moved,on any other turret zeroed in 5 10 shots,any one else whos got one noticed this,or have i bought a lightstream copy made in turkey

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    did i mention i dont like the turrets,defo dont like them after zeroing today.give them loads ov clicks miss a click clickclick miss some clicks,loads ov clicks,poa hardly moved,on any other turret zeroed in 5 10 shots,any one else whos got one noticed this,or have i bought a lightstream copy made in turkey
    I had this - it turned out that the scope was not held tightly enough in the mounts. I am used to just pinching up mounts but was shown (and whinced whilst being shown) that the mounts needed to be tighter. I think it may be a product of a 25mm tube in 1" mounts combined with the smooth finish on the tube. Anyways after the mounts were tightened I have had no problems at all (for info: BKL single strap highs). The other symptom was not holding zero

Arrow l vs b

to be honest i never give that a thought,im the same just pinch them up tight,as for mounts im useing bkls double straps, have to check that,if the light stream was a person,i think it would ov had a breakdown by now,all the flak its getting

to be honest i never give that a thought,im the same just pinch them up tight,as for mounts im useing bkls double straps, have to check that,if the light stream was a person,i think it would ov had a breakdown by now,all the flak its getting

I nearly had one too - brand new Air Wolf, new mounts new scope. One of my worst ever HFT scores! Couldn't zero - chasing POI for weeks. Suspected everything - like you do - and nearly sent scope back for a check over. I decided to get the rifle checked first. Met up with David Snook who gave the rifle a quick once over. He put an allen key and the mounts and checked the tightness... tutted... did 'em all up tight. Went to his range. 5 shots and it was zeroed. It put 5 shots through the same hole at 40 yards (off a bench). I was gobsmacked, well pleased and slightly embarrassed. Since then I have shot 5 Bisley HFT league shoots with it and won 4 of them (scores 56, 59, 58, 60 and 60 - all ex. 60) Nowt wrong with that

Arrow l vs b

lol some time the tiniest details are overlooked,toop scores by the way,love the airwolf cant beat it,sold one recently 22,trying to make me mind up for another 177 brilliant gun

g.l.w is offline The north west's very own Hilda Ogden.
    toop scores by the way,,T rying to make me mind up for another 177 brilliant gun
    Perry you can NEVER EVER make your mind up!!!!!!! your new nick-name is Pawnbroker!!!!
    Air Arms HFT 500.... Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32

Any useful feedback on what these scopes are like under low/fading light conditions. Is the fact that it doesn't have IR that significant ?

Arrow l vs b

havent had a chance to get out and use it in those conditions yet,if you use the mag on 4.5 forget it,the ret near enough disapears on this setting,so for low light i recon it would be useless,might be wrong here coz i havent tryed it out yet,but i very much doubt it. perry

I shoot very early mornings and have had no problem with my lightstream.
    Daystate Airwolf .177 - Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP

Arrow l vs b

supose it depends on what he means about low light conditions,plus im getting old now so it might be my eyes or some thing to do with the made in tiawan sticker i discoverd when i looked down the rear ov the lense

i have just purchased a lightstream, unfortunatly i cant tell you how good or bad it is as unfortunatly my ret was in upside down, yer you heard right upside down they must have good quality control i am getting it replaced as i do like the scope but was miffed to find this incedent
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Quote Originally Posted by ross H View Post
    i have just purchased a lightstream, unfortunatly i cant tell you how good or bad it is as unfortunatly my ret was in upside down, yer you heard right upside down they must have good quality control i am getting it replaced as i do like the scope but was miffed to find this incedent
    Quality!
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

interesting!

I have a lightstream and cant tell you about poi or ret slow to move on clicks yet , but i can say that the light gathering is brilliant the first focal ret is brill finish is brill turrets are luvly, the guy (forget his name) who owns the company is very very helpful. and if they bring out that bigger mag soon i want one! trouble is will have to buy new gun.....mmmm let me see! Compared with my aetec its night and day, But bit worried about previous comments about poi etc! anymore comments?
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by ross H View Post
    Nice

Those extra lines through the mil-dots must have been really useful

Have you got a replacement yet?