Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: lightstream vs bushnell

I use high BKLs and a 33 yard zero.

If you have Chairgun, put in velocity of 775fps, pellet weight 8.44, BC of 0.024, scope height of 1.85 inches and zero at 33 yards - that gives 1st mil-dot just past 46 yards. Gives quite a safety margin in that if I put the mil-dot in the centre of the kz, it should hit from 37 yards +. Bit risky but it takes the edge of having to range guess accurately. A 35 yard zero would be better but the garden isn't long enough

If you haven't got Chairgun then e-mail/pm me your set up details and I'll get back to you

so either im taking a trip to dowlings tommorow for some more mounts or i change my zero to 35 yards, that should bring it in, to bring it in on first mildot for 45 i had to adjust 6 clicks high but they are 1/8 rather than 1/4. i think i could be having an odd zero as my gun is mega cant sensative already
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Depends on your scope height at the mo Any idea what it is?

id say 45mm within 10mm
    anshutz 8002

Hmmmmm 4.5cms with 30 yard zero gives 1st mil-dot bang on 45 yards. Well near enough...

I think yours must be a lot lower - more like 1.2 inch (30mm)

re measuring it is 1.2 to the top of the barrel but i have a very chunky barrel on the annie so bout 33/35mm would be right, thanks for this paul, i have chairgun but it just onfuses me
    anshutz 8002

It is damned hard to measure accurately anyway

That gives 1.1 to 1.2 mil-dots at 45 yards. Bang on at about 43 yards.

I am assuming you are running at about 775 fps?

yer bout 783, thanks for this paul, so would you say to change zero or scope hieght
    anshutz 8002

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Arrow ls vb

msn messenger

I would go higher mounts. If you push your zero range out further on low mounts you will have a high zenith i.e. with a 35 yard zero you are +0.6 mil-dot at 15 to 25 yards

Having said that, a 32 yard zero with your current set up may work for you. 1st mil-dot is at 45 yards.

Make the effort with Chairgun - it is well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    msn messenger

thanks paul, looks like im going to dowlings today
    anshutz 8002

i went to march tackle to save the petrol, what a mistake i wont make it twice the scope is now higher off the barrel, at the moment its hard to say if it has worked but i will know tommorow thanks paul
    anshutz 8002

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Arrow L Vs B

HERES AN UPDATE ON MY FIRST INITIAL FINDINGS ON THIS SCOPE,AT FIRST I WAS A BIT DISSAPOINTED,ACOUPLE OV DETAILS I FAILED TO NOTICE WHEN FIRST SETTING UP MY ZERO,LED ME TO BELIEVE this scopes turrets were crap,but i take that all back,i still think the turrets are a bit mechanical,but after a good session today i cant fault them,there was something wrong with my barrel,it had took a slight knock somewhere along the lines,and caused the initial zeroing problem ov the turrets running out ov clicks,this was rectified by a friend,and today zeroing inn was a piece ov ,you get the picture any way the scope has held zero,and it has been put through its paces today believe me,and its hit everything aimed at no problem,this may seem contary to what i first thought about this scope,but i think its starting to win me over,the optics at first seemed ok,and nothing special, but after practising in near enough all the light spectrums,i cant realy fault it,its still not as good as the bushnell opticly but very good none the less. perry

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    HERES AN UPDATE ON MY FIRST INITIAL FINDINGS ON THIS SCOPE,AT FIRST I WAS A BIT DISSAPOINTED,ACOUPLE OV DETAILS I FAILED TO NOTICE WHEN FIRST SETTING UP MY ZERO,LED ME TO BELIEVE this scopes turrets were crap,but i take that all back,i still think the turrets are a bit mechanical,but after a good session today i cant fault them,there was something wrong with my barrel,it had took a slight knock somewhere along the lines,and caused the initial zeroing problem ov the turrets running out ov clicks,this was rectified by a friend,and today zeroing inn was a piece ov ,you get the picture any way the scope has held zero,and it has been put through its paces today believe me,and its hit everything aimed at no problem,this may seem contary to what i first thought about this scope,but i think its starting to win me over,the optics at first seemed ok,and nothing special, but after practising in near enough all the light spectrums,i cant realy fault it,its still not as good as the bushnell opticly but very good none the less. perry
    Its a real shame that you didnt find the problem with the rifle before you wrote the original test, I cant believe that you didnt know that the the turrets are1/8" of an inch per click at 100 yards and that they are DOUBLE sprung for perfect repeatability.
    These scopes have been specialy built to Alans exacting standards with cost coming second regardless and then someone who obviously has little understanding of either the rifle or scope puts himself forward as an expert and writes the sort of drivel we have above, if your going to write a report make sure you have a little understanding of the subject and can use the odd full stop and comma in the right place.

Ben