Thread: Blazer 8-32x44

Blazer 8-32x44

Bought a Blazer 8-32x44 from Ramsbottoms last week and initial impressions are quite favourable. Its got a clear enough picture sharp ret and seems well made for 49.95. I bought it to stick on a rimmy to leave set at about 14x bought am considering putting it on my main gun instead.

I've yet to mount it and use it in anger so i'll update when thats done. All in all a lot of scope for not much dosh!

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Have been looking at this scope on the sponsor's site. Seems a lot of scope for under £50. Temped to buy one for FAC air rifle. Will be very interested to hear your views.

I’ve had two, my tx 200 came with one and then later I replaced it with another one because moister got in. in my opinion it’s certainly a v.good scope but it’s not made my Simmons they only import it. I found that both of mine had a good level of clarity (very good at 8x mag but a bit poor after 22x mag) and the range finding ability is good, I found that it range found extremely well below 35 yards and I haven’t yet found a scope that could focus at such close ranges but I believe that because they have been re parallax when brought from rams bottoms it may be a bit useless as a range finder for rim fires. The only real criticism I can make about it is that it (on a spring gun at least) resonates terribly and makes the gun feet poorly set up, the resonating comes from the large spring pushing on the front (paralleling) lens and the resonating will vary depending on how close a target your focused on but because the recoil characteristics are quit different between a springer and a rim fire you may not notice it.
    I hope you find this useful.
    2006 Falcon PF25 .177, walnut skeleton stock, Nikkosterling nighteater 8-32x44 25mm.