Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LIGHTSTREAM 4.5 x 14 x 44 Worth £400 notes?

[QUOTE=bennyblanco;1418712]airgun world, as true to life as eastenders, alice in wonderland and buck rogers

What you mean theres no Alice in wonderland

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bennyblanco View Post

good scopes but i prefer the 4200

ben
    Now I'd rather my Light Stream to any Bushnell I have tried, but that is personal preference.

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Arrow lightstream

theres a lot ov differant views on these two scopes,both ov them good scopes,it would be hard to do a poll,because not everyone could gain access to both scopes,how about which do you like best on what youve heard or what youve seen?then we would all know the magoritys prefrence?thing is dont know how to start one

After about six weeks or so I still have the Lightstream on the Rifle. Why?

I still have not been able to remember the formula for Mildot range finding (Sorry Ben, I DO have the ability to understand it, just not used it before so please don’t imply it's beyond me or I dont understand it) and for good reason – I simply have not been able to decide if the scope was for me, or not! However, Sunday afternoon has made me reconsider all my thoughts on it and I feel I should share them....

I managed to sneak out for a brief walk round a farm from about 15:30 and so did not have much time before dark. In fact, I had packed the lamp in case I had a bit of luck. Sure enough, I was out when dusk fell and clipped the lamp on for when I walked back to the car and a warren that I knew should provide a couple of extra bunnies.

I could barely make out the warren with the naked eye and got ready to turn the lamp on…..but did not need to, the scope was literally sucking in all the available light on the lower mags which, as I have said before, made me anticipate a problem with the reticule (Being on the first focal plane it diminishes in size with lower magnifications – I thought it would be hard to see in low light conditions). I could not have been more mistaken. Not only was a rabbit sitting there, but the cross hairs were as clear as anything with even the Mildots clear. Forget about “Super Nightview” on the Simmons range – this was incredible, especially with only a 44mm objective!

I take the points made about the packaging (that it does not help your shooting) and yes, I will remember the calculations for the mildots. I have it on very good authority that different lens caps are now available for the scope and so at the end of the day, I am going to leave the scope where it is; on the gun, as the problems I mentioned before are not so severe that I am not hitting anything (In fact, quite the opposite, even in near darkness!!).

I feel the first review may have been a little biased as yes, the Nikon Monarch is a nice scope with all the trimmings but it was not a fair choice on which to draw a comparison. THe Lightstream has kept perfect zero, has excellent clarity and acts almost as a nightvision scope with the amount of light it seems to suck in. Oh, and I also seem to be hitting things with it - Nuff said!

I was supposed to be having a play and testing the Lightstream but made the mistake of putting it on Jane's gun first
    For HFT she has been using 8mag and a 25 yard parallax and she ain't doing bad with it, looks like i'm going to have to get her one now before i can try it myself.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    For HFT she has been using 8mag and a 25 yard parallax
    Pete
    I push it out a little more, maybe to 28 yard parallax but whatever. I like the one on my Cyclone so much I ended up buying another to put on my hw77k.
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by beth View Post
    I push it out a little more, maybe to 28 yard parallax but whatever. I like the one on my Cyclone so much I ended up buying another to put on my hw77k.
    B.
    Seems quite common that

I ended up buying another
    Same here!

Cam

I have just bought a S/H one and I think it is a very nice scope indeed, don't give a toss about the box Lovely bright optics, a very good reticule and solidly built with everything working nice and smoothly. I have owned 1 x VX111 and 2 x VX11's and IMO this knocks spots of them and I would definitely buy another. Each to his own but I have also owned a Bushnell 3200 and this knocks spots of that also. I own a Schmidt and 2 x Swaro's so I do appreciate what good glass is and this scope definitely has some great optics. I am also being sent a set of screw in caps FOC to replace the oversize caps, so no complaints in the customer service dept.
    Last edited by Spanner.; 31-05-2007 at 05:20 PM.

I too have one of these and as said i also rate them better than the leupolds.

Very good glass - good enough to take 300 yard plus rabbits.

Steve

Thumbs up Great scope..

Very impressed with mine also, its light gathering capabilities are astounding indeed, loving the fact that the mildots are true at every mag and how well made it is, very solidly built.

If there was anything I would change.. I think having a side wheel PA would be it.

Overall, highly recomended, cant praise it enough, big thumbs up from me!

Lens caps came this morning, if you are reading this Liz then a big thankyou.